Uncrashed - Another FPV Simulator gets released tomorrow

No price on it as yet, and r/multicopter on Reddit seem to be unimpressed. But then when are Redditors ever impressed by anything?

1 Like

Eight quid? Worth a look. Downloading…

19GB! :astonished: Yowzers.

I’ll report back later.

2 Likes

One hour in…

Setup was quick and straightforward. Even for my quirky Mode 3 configuration. However, drone settings seem to be overly simple to me and even with the settings that are there I was unable to enter the exact parameters of my quad - can’t get the prop pitch below 3, for example.

Having said that, it flies pretty much like all the other sims out there. Collisions are very forgiving and “bouncy”. I like sims that allow you to reset in place, rather than taking you back to a spawn point, but the down side of this is that you can become trapped on occasions. I like the way the race tracks only activate once you fly through the start gate. If you don’t the area isn’t all cluttered up with gates.

It’s absolutely gorgeous! Lovely graphics, however of the nine levels available only two really stand out - Urban Bando and the clearly Fifth Element inspired, High City. Most of the others are decent but sparse feeling and a couple are extremely barren. But they are quite large.

Biggest faux pas so far is that water is non-lethal. You can actually land on it! :rofl:

On the whole it’s not dreadful - pretty much on a par with a lot of the other sims out there - and it’s nice to have some different places to fly, even if a lot of them aren’t particularly engaging. I’m not upset at having spent £8.25 on it.

3 Likes

I see what you mean about the crashing being forgiving. Graphics look pretty good and I would guess they will continue to improve the physics e.g. not being able to land on water :laughing: as they develop the sim. Actually thought it looked like you were flying around a Call of Duty game map :joy:

seems alright. the one thing I really like about lift off is how configuring your quad on it is almost identical to configuring in betaflight think it makes it much more useable to practice properly.

1 Like

Can I use this with my Tx like I can on Velocidrone? Looks great graphically

1 Like

Not bad for 8 quid

2 Likes

No reason why not, pretty sure the Tx’s just interact as a generic game controller with windows.

1 Like

ah windows only - i’m on Mac.

Bootcamp? Windows partition?

I downloaded this a few days ago and I’ve managed a few flights with it, and I must admit I quite like it.

I was an early adopter of Lift-Off as I was one of the Beta testers of the original release, so I tend to use this as my benchmark.

I think the version of Uncrashed I’m running has had a few revisions since its original release. I don’t find the physics to be too bad, they’re not as dialled in as Lift-Off, yet, but on my PC the graphics appear to be a lot smoother and more engaging, especially in my goggles.

Fed up of not being able to fly with this weather so decided to throw caution to the wind and install this on my works laptop (not supposed to be used for personal use but I will plead ignorance if anyone finds out) :laughing:
Currently downloading but should run fine on the work laptop as its much higher spec than my old piece of crap that needs coal shovelling in the side :rofl:

I got away with using my work laptop (ÂŁ2k+ high-end CAD machine) for personal use (gaming) for years. It was a sad day when the company changed hands and a more vigilant IT department (I was the IT department previously) forced me to buy my own laptop. :frowning:

Of course, it’s a glorious day up here today, if a tad chilly and windy. Still forecast to be raining tomorrow though. :angry:

1 Like

Our IT department are notorious for locking everything down on the engineers laptops but as the work I do involves more IT than most of the other engineers my laptop is a little less locked down than most lol where it will be a problem is when there’s an issue with the laptop and it’s sent to the IT department for diagnostics/repairs

Yeah I’ve been keeping an eye on the weather, typically it looks good today and Sunday and a shit storm on Saturday lol I’m still keeping fingers crossed the forecast will change :crossed_fingers:t2: ever the optimist :laughing:

The game’s huge at around 25GB download :exploding_head:

All those lovely graphics…

Looks like a large chunk is also the Steamworks Common Distributables too as I’ve not installed Steam on this Laptop before :man_facepalming: at this rate I should be able to play it by springtime :laughing:

I played this last night through my new goggles for the first time.

It made me want to get HDZero even more…

I’ve tried the sims in my goggles and I didn’t like it. Maybe I’d be better dragging a 32" monitor into the field. :rofl:

Which goggles?