Uncrashed - Another FPV Simulator gets released tomorrow

Skyzone Cobra X.
No problem with the goggles or picture, I’d just rather not have them strapped to my face if I don’t have to. And when I’m sitting in front of a massive 1440p monitor I don’t have to. :smiley:

I can understand that.

Personally I did it to test the HDMI input of my goggles and the OLED screens. I’ve been wondering whether I should I have plumped for the Skyzone 04X or 04L instead of the Eachine 300O. However those OLEDs are much brighter than the LCOS in the 04Ls that Brendan has. The reduced resolution is just fine as well. I can’t see pixels.

I also I felt like the complete immersion should help me translate my technique a bit better into the real thing? We’ll have to see… I was still crap…

To be fair, I was palpably worse when using the goggles, which did make me wonder whether I should stick with it for exactly this reason. (And, vice versa, why I might do better with a big monitor when out flying.)

Well it’s running ok and although I’m not a massive fan of sims in general it’s definitely a great alternative to no flying at all lol I’m going to have a play with the quad settings as it has a strange feel to it but will give me something to do when it’s raining :cloud_with_rain:

Check the battery setting. By default the battery has no weight associated with it and that’s why it feels so floaty.

2 Likes

Thanks Nidge I will definitely take a look at that cheers :+1:t2:

Looks like a cracking sim. Shame it’s windows only

2 Likes

It is good Howard but I’ve not used any other sims on a decent machine to compare with others

Anyone used this that’s also flown a lot of LiftOff or AI Drone Sim? Those are the two I use a lot, so I’m keen to hear comparisons. If it’s largely the same but with some different maps then I’ll probably pass for now. If it feels noticeably better then I may take a look.

Used to fly LiftOff loads (and still do) but recently started opting for AI Drone Sim a bit more.

Edit: just reread the thread from the start and I see there are some good comparisons. Hmmm, I’ll wait till a get a bit more bored of the current ones I think.

@Jase_MK Just made me think. Do you use a wing / plane sim? If so, what is the best in your opinion.

For flying line-of-sight, or FPV?

Wings Sim (https://wings-sim.com/) is ok for FPV, but not great for LOS. FPV plane flying in a sim gets pretty boring quite quickly as it’s so easy. There are some interesting maps with gaps and obstacles to fly through etc.

For line-of-sight I mainly use Phoenix RC. It’s discontinued but there are some sites around with downloadable versions that take a bit of faffing to get working. This guy has lots of info:

I also had RealFlight which is very good for LOS - I’m not sure how legit the installation was, it came from ebay on a CD for a tenner with a USB dongle that it had to be used with. Again took a load of faffing to get running properly, but then the dongle broken so I don’t use it anymore.

So, basically, Wings for FPV and Phoenix RC for LOS :+1:

Cheers Jason. The reason I was asking was that I have a plane which has optional flaps for take off and landing. I crashed a while back in a nose dive whilst deploying them. It would be great to practice these things first.

I have had phoenix rc working. Couldn’t get any aux channels to work though.

Flaps usually cause the nose to point up when first deployed until the speed drops a bit. A bit of stick forward usually does the trick, else you pitch up often followed by a stall and a dive. Some people mix in a bit of down elevator automatically with the flaps, but I’m not keen on that. Flaps do make the plane pretty wobbly and not so easy to control - I use them to land once I’m lined up straight but mostly not for take off.

Some planes in both sims have working flaps, but I don’t ever recall having the same panic in a sim as I did the first couple of times in real life when enabling them. Putting them on a slider rather than a switch can help.

1 Like

Just got Uncrashed. Getting 30+ fps with no lag on medium graphics.

More chasing of cars.

uncrashed

My flying can be improved.

2 Likes

Still lots of fun.

uncrashed2

Gotta say I love chasing the cars on this sim . Great fun

Which map is this? - haven’t played Uncrashed for ages. I’ve been in Tryp lately.

Roadtrip

There are 18 maps at the moment rallycross is fun and city park has lots to explore maps are much bigger than liftoff.

Challenge. :gloves: This is probably the closest I’ve ever got to any of their podium times. :rofl:

In fairness, that was my second run - 1st was nearer your time. Kept hitting gates and getting turned around.

1 Like