Vale Royal Locks - Added to Rivers and Canals in North West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

Head on the A556 from Northwich towards Chester, once over the blue bridge at the Hardford turn there is a small car park on the left at ///expansion.fetch.bring. Its a fairly nice walk down to the locks or you can drive although it's supposed to be private for the fishing club only.

You can get a good view of the locks, stone railway bridge and the blue bridge in the distance and the river Weaver heading into Northwich.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 25/02/2018. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

2 Likes

You can also come from the opposite direction, from Winsford, drive past the salt mines then before small bridge turn sharp right, over a small swing bridge, Newbridge, small carpark and then follow the river down, towards Northwich. About 15 minute walk. I stopped adjust after the large pool and videos from the locks to newbridge. I actually did my first video from vale royal locks all the way back to winsford marina, did it over 3 or 4 legs as a lot of trees reducing signal in parts. Nice picπŸ‘

1 Like