Virtual FPV Meet

Just thought I’d put this up in case anyone in @group-fpv fancies a sim session any time.

I think the prime candidates for online multiplayer are

• Velocidrone
  • LiftOff (+Micro)
  • DRL Simulator

In the past we’ve had a couple of Velocidrone sessions that have gone relatively well. :slight_smile:

We also have a Discord* Server (GADC FPV) to facilitate group voice chat while we’re playing.

Anyway, shout if you’re interested and we’ll see if we can sort something out.

4 Likes

Jez. You re-created Matlock in Velocidrone really well. Any chance of doing the towers? If you get bored?

I’ll have to see what I can do. The modelling primitives are very basic, so it’s like trying to make an F1 car with Duplo. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Bit like Alphatouri? Duplo heh

I’ll be up for this Thursday if you want? Any time after 6

1 Like

Yeah Id be interested in this

Hmm…Magical, floating, bumble-bee towers. :laughing:

3 Likes

You even get analogue interference in a sim?!

I’m impressed :smiley:

Out of interest, is the motor noise true? based on your sim stick inputs? Or just some random revs? (it seems to match up)

You can generally turn it on and off, along with the fish-eye effect. Although in this case, your analogue signal pretty much completely cuts out once you’re inside or behind the towers, so the sim isn’t really harsh enough.

It is. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can I join the virtual meet as a spotter?

Legit question :blush:

Legitimately, I believe Velocidrone allows spectators in the sessions - @gunja99 might recall better. You’d still need the sim though.

Alternatively, one of us could live stream it on Discord. You’d only get the “player’s” perspective though, rather than a “free agent” spectating.

1 Like

Meh.

Would tomorrow evening suit you, Howard? Any sort of time?

1 Like

Thanks Jez.

Oh noes. What have you done? :rofl:

On a serious note: What do you have by way of a controller?

I’m a spotter, I don’t need a controller? :thinking:

Do I…? :crossed_fingers:t2:

Probably not.

Page 17 covers spectating.

Ohhh sounds like a great idea so you can see my fantastic flying :flushed::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I would love to get on, but can’t give a definite time. Haven’t done anything like this before.

Will watch this thread for updates/times etc and get on at some stage very soon.

P.s. I’ll have it booming through speakers so if you hear my wife moaning tell her it’s important stuff we’re doing :disguised_face:

1 Like

Dangerous words to be using around these parts. :wink: I’ll let it go this time, but think about what you’re putting out there in future. :rofl: