Virtual Litchi Missions

Just came across this at MavicPilots and think it’s great.

Uses Google Earth Pro to fly missions you have created on the Litchi mission hub, lets you see what your going to get when you actually fly the mission.

2 Likes

Am I missing a link ? :wink:

It’s New year, getting a bit forgetful.

I got all excited but short lived as I don’t run windows :frowning:

I bought Litchi in the black friday sales and it’s not stopped bloody raining and blowing a gale ever since!!

So there it is… sitting quietly on my iPad… waiting for a break in the weather.

This is DEFINITELY on my to-try list, thanks for sharing @Creaky :+1:

1 Like

Hmmm… thinking about it… I can use this in winter, can’t I?

If I understood it correctly, I can virtually fly the missions before actually flying them… right?

I looked at this, but couldnt see a way to fly the “mission” automatically in google earth, only manually using your keyboard

Thanks so much for linking this @Creaky

It’s an amazing piece of software that allows you to watch what the camera will shoot during a mission so you can fine tune the mission without having to fly it and find out you’ve not quite got an angle right or whatever, so clever…

There should be an option called Virtual Mission when you import to Google Earth, it has an image of a video camera next to it. Double click on that and it will play your mission for you.

2 Likes

I’ve not created any missions yet, anyone willing to share one of theirs that I can take a virtual tour of?

These are 2 I’ve been playing with. You can just pick any public mission from the website and download the CSV file, just been playing with one from Spain

Broadness Harbour.csv (2.2 KB)
Oxleas Woods.csv (3.0 KB)

1 Like

Works like a dream,good for proving our before flight.

Erm ,out

Pssst! You can edit a post to correct an error … then nobody knows! (If you correct it within a couple of minutes.) :wink:

1 Like

Welcome to Grey Arrows, @Jonathan :smiley:

I’ve used the Virtual Litchi Mission in Chrome a few times. It has worked well.

It’s been a few months since I last had cause to use it. Now when I try and use it I get a:-

" We are sorry, but you do not have access to this service. Please log in to your Admin console to enable this service. [Learn more]"

Any ideas? From my Chrome plugin dropdown menu, it suggest this ‘app’ doesn’t actually need any permissions etc.

I run the MacOS version of VLM:
VLM Extension
and latest Google Earth:
[I left the Adblock for YouTube reference in as well, just in case YouTube is sending you mad…]

Tested Litchi and VLM today:
and it’s still running successfully on Chrome for MacOS, and I don’t get any messages about having to log in.

It’s the tool I use most often when considering flights, and the vast majority most of my longer flights are planned and executed using Litchi after being tested on VLM and Google Earth.