VR goggles

It’s too dark to see them when the goggles are sealed against your face anyway :slight_smile:

True…

I used mine for the first time today, I was outdoors in bright sunshine and I noticed some of that sunshine was creeping in around the edges. I think my head might be the wrong shape for these :rofl:

I also noticed they weren’t as bright outdoors as when I’ve tested them indoors, which made no sense to me at all?!

I’m sure I saw a brightness setting somewhere, will try again when I get some more time.

VERY weird feeling though… I’ve got a VR headset on the PlayStation but this is still weird :smiley:

1 Like

You have to make sure they are quite low on the back I find and also tight.
I have a round head and face but still have to get them sitting right to fit properly.
There is a brightness level adjustment in the settings.
When I first used mine I was standing up and nearly fell forwards, it’s much easier to sit down :wink:
Do you have the standard or RE?

I’ve got the standard ones.

Yeah I might have to take a chair out in to the garden next time :rofl:

1 Like

have they not finished that road yet there taking their time…

I first bought the standard ones, took a selfie with a Mavic which made me look like I had a small fridge on my face…:see_no_evil:
Sold them for a small gray fridge, much better look…:nerd_face:

As for the light leaking around the edges, just wear a hoodie that’s large enough…:dizzy_face:

We need a badge, and a meet-ups for small fridge wears…:clown_face:

3 Likes

whats the small grey fridge ?

DJI race edition :grin:

1 Like

1 Like

Does the RE goggles have seperate antenna for occusync and 5.8ghz analogue?

Curious whether the pagoda does both.

I would say yes, does this confirm it @callum?

1 Like

Sort of, there must be patch antenna for the occusync signal like the standard goggles.

Was just a bit confused as read some people talking of poor range with mavic 2 unless they used the pagoda.

I have no idea, if it works for me that’s as far as I look into it :rofl:

1 Like

Hey all, so I’ve received the goggles now and used them a few times. Wow! Ok so I’ve realised I need some new glasses, so popped down to specsavers for a new prescription which are coming on Monday but even flying slightly blurry is truly trippy. In sport mode the mavic is super responsive to slight moments of your head so it’s fun just to get up an altitude where you’re not going to bump into something and just barrel around like a kid in a new Razer scooter! At the end of it feeling like I’ve been in a washing machine! One slight problem is that, like anyone in a hot air balloon, I wound up looking down a lot and that puts some strain on your neck with the weight of the goggles.Also I don’t feel the light seal is so great for me, but I love this experience! It’s like astral projecting! Fully amazing.

2 Likes