VR goggles

Little money spinner me thinks.

They really worked, and if you can print to suit a particular lens all the better

I’m printing a pair now to see what they are like, my daughter has gone into town so have given her instructions to keep a look out for some cheap glasses that have bigger lenes.
I’ll post some photos if they work :slight_smile:

Is there not a way no keep the glasses intact (minus arms) and print a clip/gimble/thingy that allows you to put them in ?

BluTack! :wink:

There are several clips available but they don’t look great.

I bought some focus fixers on eBay, there’s a few people selling them :+1:

1 Like

I just had a look, not a bad price to previous prices I’ve seen.
Mine should come in at under £2 for making my own.

There’s this place too…https://www.focus-fixers.com/online-store/Focus-Fixers-PAIR-p87622169

Here’s todays efforts.
I printed two different types to try, I will probably go with the bottom ones and adapt them for the lens, the top ones touch your face even though the lenses almost fit them.

1 Like

I saw two “main” sellers on eBay, one was £20 BIN and the other was £20 or make an offer.

I’ve got wonky eyes, one is +1.25 and the other is +1.75 so I asked both if they could mix lenses. The £20 guy never even replied, the “offer” guy said no… So as he was the only one that replied I placed an £18 offer which he accepted a few hours later and I requested +1.50 in both lenses, figuring it’s roughly the middle point!

That is an absolute bargain :+1:

Mine are the same shape as your lower set in that picture. Fair play to the ebay guy as the lenses fit snugly in the holders and the holders attach well to the googles.

The more I look at them, I’m convinced he’s probably printing exactly what you’ve got here too, he probably even pulled it from thingi too.

I read somewhere that the OEM DJI ones touch your eyes but the 3D ones don’t - which is weird eh?

These ones don’t :+1:

If I knew what I was doing with Fusion 360 then I could design the print to exactly the shape of the lens as well so they would pop in snugly.
I’ve tried both on the goggles and both fit nicely, the bottom ones have an inbuilt spring design in the edge as well.

Yeah these sound identical to the ones I bought:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DJI-Goggles-focus-fixers-1-5-times-mag-lens-Quality-3D-printed-frame/273448399073

Although mine arrived in black, not purple as per that pic.

And the seller has just reduced the price, the bastard! They’re only £15 now!

Ah ffs, so has the other seller!! These guys are in some kind of price war…

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/dji-goggles-goggles-RE-focus-fixers-3-00-magnification-3D-Printed-frames/302835579162?hash=item468268391a:g:eaEAAOSwY~1aGb2P:rk:5:pf:0

I’m guessing these guys are just buying cheapo glasses and pulling the lenses out?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wayfarer-Style-Reading-Glasses-Designer-Spring-Hinge-Good-Quality-Made-2-Last/123047572386

Tidy profit :+1:

1 Like

Looking at the photos on ebay they are identical apart fro9m the part that comes around the lens, I obviously don’t have that, I can even see the spring part and it looks the same.
The glasses my daughter bought yesterday are £1 a pair.
I’m going to have to learn this Fusion 360 so I can make my lens fit tidy :laughing:

These reading glasses are only a quid and are not bad from poundland,for what they are,as you say,a very tidy profit for the sellers ! I will definitely ask someone on here to print me some holders,when i get my my Goggles.I have already decided that when i buy the goggles,i will buy the R.E ones,although still hoping DJI will release some goggles which are smaller and lighter :+1:

Taking shape, they are not fantastic looking but they do the job and that’s what counts.

Never mind the quality feel the width…?
Where have. Got that from?
Was it a tv show

Brains gone south again “GOOGLE”

Have you been drinking Jeff :rofl: You’ve lost me :thinking::blush:

1 Like

nope i checked it was a tv series back in the seventies and was in relation to two tailors one Irish one jewish so PC not

meaning it may not look good but it does the job

1 Like

You’ll not be looking at the holders when flying :+1:

1 Like