Vulcan Bomber

vulcan bomber Doncaster

29 Likes

Looks like the reopening of DSA might be a step closer

1 Like

Great work, and a rare opportunity!

2 Likes

‘When I were a lad’ … they used to fly over our house (in Garforth, Yorks) twice a day (at low, wave at the pilot, level), as part of the North Sea Nuclear deterrent.

Not too far from me , I remember the same in Kippax :wink:

Well, I’ll go to the foot of our stairs!

1 Like

Excellent video, well done. We have a Vulan Bomber up here in Sunderland & I have asked for permission to fly my drone over, just waiting for a reply from them & some decent weather.

Why have you asked? (out of curiosity)

The plane is at a museum & is very close to the Nissan car plant, also they usually have party’s of school kids & general public walking around, so have asked to get in before it opens to the public, I suppose out of courtesy really, plus would make a better vid without people in the shot.

1 Like

Beautiful, awesome sounding, utterly pointless aircraft.

lucky to see it with red arrows at Blackpool last flight,

Great video, DSA is Very local to me, can i ask what drone you used ?
I flew my mini 2 over it from finningley village side but the signal got a bit sketchy.
Did you use drone hacks or similar mod ?
Where about did you TOAL to be able to fly back to where to where the video finished ?
I now have the mini 3 pro aswell but not has chance to get down there with the 3 yet

Cheers
Rich

mavic 2 pro
Here is a precise what3words address, made of 3 random words. Every 3 metre square in the world has its own unique what3words address.

///cabs.delighted.requests

1 Like

It did a good flypast…

4 Likes

I remember seeing these fly over as a very young child - I was in awe of them! They were so loud!

1 Like

Cheers, i thought old bawtry road may have been further away from her restong place.
I will nip down over the weekend and give it a shot.
Im only 10 mins away and used to get tipped off by a mate who worked for the airport fire service every time the vulcan was due to fly

2 Likes

Excellent Video Paul ! Just so sad to see her and indeed the airport in such a state of abandonment. There’s new hope for the airport, it’d be nice to think there’s a new lease of life for such a beautiful iconic aircraft as well ! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Only for small values of ‘life’, sadly.

It’s pretty much a straight line from that point and with an uninterrupted view.

I fly that way often as I live on what was the old RAF camp.

You could probably TOAL on the airport side but that land is all owned by peel who tend to go legal pretty quickly so I tend to avoid that side.

2 Likes