Wanted, Intro and thanks - Sorry if this is repeated

Welcome Alphi to the club happy flying once the weather improves…

Cheers Barry,
Just got my first drone through this forum via @chrisjohnbaker And @mickydd is taking me under his wing again tomorrow to ‘check it out’.

2 Likes

Glad to hear that @mickydd is taking you out for your first real flight, good on yer Mick !.
Let hope the weather improves for all of us to be able to have a session this weekend.
Enjoy your Mavic Pro Michael, I am sure Mick will give you some good tips to go on with.

1 Like

Good to meet up again Michael @Alphi1847
You got yourself a good deal on the Mavic Pro via Chris @chrisjohnbaker
Get those batteries charged again and keep practising.
Fingers crossed for some good weather later in the week, we can meet up again for another fly round

Michael @Alphi1847 and his new drone

2 Likes

Hi @mickydd and @Alphi1847,
Great to see the bird flying, I hope you and your “new friend” will be most happy together.
(The smile say’s it all Michael !)
Hope we get the chance to meet up again and have a real flying session!.
I think the staff at The “Maccy Dees” we met at thought a drug deal was going down, what with a wedge of cash changing hands, boots of cars open.
Michael even smelled “Waccy Baccy” at one point !.:rofl:
Even more so ,as when i got on the main road back home 2 cop cars roared up behind sirens wailing blue lights everywhere !.
My thoughts "Oh, Ferk "

3 Likes

Links sent via PM to the “essential accessories” ,we talked about.

Always nice to see a happy droner!!! :smiley::smiley:Enjoy your new drone @Alphi1847,and many happy hours of flying my friend,BRAVO.
and thanks Chris @chrisjohnbaker ,for “for going that extra mile” now thats what I love about this hobby, and the pure dedication from all of you who drone…:+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

This really is a fantastic group of people on here. With the help of two of them in particular - Mick from sunny Halifax @mickydd and Chris @chrisjohnbaker (Norwich), I’ve gone from a wannabe to an owner flyer in a very short period of time. As you say Tony, @FIREFOX the smile says it all.

Went for my first solo fly as well tonight. had to learn a quick lesson in keeping an eye on ‘orientation’. Say no more. Thankfully the tree I kissed was very, very forgiving and we all came home in one piece.

So thanks again to all involved - look forward to a profitable time on here…

4 Likes

Nice one Micheal !, Glad you have gone Solo !.
As for Orientation?.
Get into an empty wide open space and practice with the front facing away from you first.
Fly left ,right, forward back ,etc, when you have mastered that?.
Then face the drone camera towards you and practice the same, remembering that the controls are now reversed !.
Practice makes perfect.
I am sure the more flights you have the more experience you will gain.
Always here Michael for any advice, enjoy !
Tripod Mode as a learner is always handy.
Also the little red arrow on the Go4 map on your phone screen gives you a rough idea of the drones orientation from your position.
When hovering by moving the stick left or right moves the arrow to indicate your drones direction.

1 Like

It took me 6 weeks to learn that!
Yep! … slow learner!!

1 Like

like women, you have to play with it !.

2 Likes

:flushed::flushed:
:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I am a person who wants to know how something works?.
By playing with the Go4 App and by doing things that it allows you to do, is the way you learn it’s capabilities.
Better to do that than bury it into the nearest tree or wall, then you have no one to blame but yourself.
By reading the instruction manual (at least 3 times through) also helps !.

1 Like