Waypoint flight

The drone is still in GPS mode in Sport Mode - yes!

It doesn’t kill the application - only the mission that’s been uploaded to the drone by Litchi.

The uploaded mission runs totally autonomously from the app and the RC once initiated.

I tend to use the pause button to stop the mission.

Selecting Sport Mode, or pressing Pause, similarly stops any of the DJI built in things - tracking/POI/Pano, etc … so it’s doing nothing different to Litchi than it does to its own gizmos.

1 Like

Thanks… now looking to buy some litchi. i need more stimulation.

It’s great fun, actually.

Totally agree with @jonathantozer’s “getting used to it doing its own thing” tips … small, simple, slow mission in a small field that you can easily follow.

It’s still strange seeing it buzz off under it’s own control - this morning’s 1.2km max distance over the sea … etc.

I’ve said elsewhere, before - I totally trust Litchi to do exactly what I tell it to do … I trust my ability to tell it the correct things to do far less.

Using Virtual Litchi Mission (windows only) is a great way to visualise what’s going to happen.
This vid was created in VLM.

2 Likes

Just purchased litchi… fun begins.

5 Likes

I have a mavic air so litchi is my only option,its impressive

1 Like

True,if it goes T**ts up on litchi,it has always been my fault,not the app.

1 Like

Getting negative altitudes by mistake has been my danger zone. Luckily, picked up on the little summary before you upload.

Thats sooo good. Exactly what I was looking for. You ought to take a % because I’ve just purchased Litchi! :smiley:

Thankyou for sharing the screenshots and the vid. Shows off Litchi in a nutshell!

:+1:

Cant wait to get into this. Been thinking up waypoint like missions since picking up my m2p in October. Woo hoo!

4 Likes

Happy days,enjoy!

Well… seeing as the weathers crap, I’ve been enjoying my time putting together my first litchi mission. Will certainly need to do a trial mission before I put a big one through it’s paces.
There was a virtual mission of a London flyby posted here somewhere. Anyone know how to get a virtual representation ?

1 Like

That was mine : Flying in London

If you are on Windows - you need Virtual Litchi Mission (from Mavic Pilots - latest download link always in first post of that thread) and Google Earth.

If you’re on Mac (or Windows) there is a Chrome Browser plugin (also in Mavic Pilots - latest version in 1st post) … and Google Earth.

The VLM program is far better at creating the representation, imo.

In the little I’ve used the Chrome plugin I’ve found several significant bugs that I’ve reported … and they’ve been corrected … but there are probably more I’ve not found - so I gave up on it.

Shout if you need help with VLM.

1 Like

Thanks Dave. Damn - I didn’t need the “want” to get into this ! Keeping me away from work and PfCO course.
Addictive stuff. Man - i’m behind the times on this.

1 Like

No probs.

I’ll upload a render of the VLM for the flight above, to the fort.
It’s a modified version of the mission used for that flight (increased distance when circling, etc) … but it still gives you a good comparison as to how VLM gives a very good representation.

(Unfortunately, the fort isn’t in 3D in GE … otherwise it would look even more similar.)

1 Like

Here’s the VLM/GE render of the (slightly updated) mission that the video in post #19 was created with.

3 Likes

I’ve been experimenting with waypoints on the Mavic 3 Classic. Usually they run smooth with no problems.
However today, I thought I’d be clever, I planned a mission from home then drove out to the location to film it.
Nearly lost the drone.
Totally my own fault. I had plotted only 8 waypoints, but the first 3 were well spaced out, consequently the arc from start to number 3 was massive. I nearly hit a load of HT cables which I normally miss because I took my eye off the screen.
Here’s the video, I’ve speeded up a few sections to show what happened.

Then the drone lost signal half way through and I hadn’t changed the behavior to ignore lost signal and the drone returned home to fight another day.

1 Like