West Kennett Long Barrow - Neolithic

Shot on the same morning as Stonehenge, Avebury Henge and Silbury Hill

2 Likes

Very interesting - thanks for posting that - I am in Anglesey so I have a great interest in the Neolithic.

Thanks you for your comment. I have been a couple of times to Bryn Celli Ddu Burial Chamber and one or two others up there. Next time it will be with a drone lol. Have some lovely photos though. Especially interesting inside the chamber is what they think is a petrified tree.

Indeed, its a fine spot and site. They are now excavating the next field as a drone identified an even larger burial site, so academics have been busy ( until the virus ). I live a couple of miles away and am just waiting for the good sunsets before I get my drone up over it. FIY, the stone has now been identified as stone not a fossilised tree ( sadly )but it remains a most interesting feature. There are so many about the island it will be a monumental task to drone them all, but I intend to try. I just love these sites, quite mysterious when quiet and in the right light - even for a heathen like me lol

Haha, I doubt that very much Ted. Having been into photography for more years than I care to remember I have visited and photographed a huge many sites both in the UK and Ireland. It was because of this that I decided I wanted a drone to be able to get another view on these iconic monuments. Never imagined I would get so heavily into the video side of it. After all, I never have used the video facility on any of my cameras. Looks like I will have to start on my travels again lol.

1 Like

Im the same - got lots of ground level photos which often don’t show the “majesty” of these monoliths - a decent POI of each will assist I think.
Good excuse for some travel too :+1:

1 Like