What a great idea

Just had a conference call with members of my Masonic Lodge to release funds for a local guy who is making Door Handle Openers for all the staff at the Hospital.
So they can safely open a door without touching the handle every time.
We agreed to donate £250 to him, so he can buy his materials to carry on making them.
Would it be something that could be made on a 3D printer?.
If so, we may be in the market to buy one specially for this task.

We have suggested pink for the girls, blue for the boys.

4 Likes

It is indeed Chris and there are quite a few different ones listed on

Some even look a lot like the ones shown in your photo.

1 Like

Thanks Richard, I will pass that information on to the Lodge.

1 Like

We should have an ‘on the square’ section Chris. Brings a whole new meaning to flying straight and level…

1 Like

Sounds like you are one of the brethren Joe?.

1 Like

Yes Chris. I went through the chair in 2004 I think. I was in a London Lodge, but as I travel so much I don’t attend now. I was made an honorary member and still contribute some but don’t attend Lodge these days.

2 Likes

Are right !, I am a member of my Norwich Lodge (Naval & Military 3678), and I am Tyler for the Lodge (which i tend to do permanently).
I have requested not to progress to Master due to my unpredictable health.
Apart from a abismal memory !.
Do we have any other members of GADC, who are “On The Square”?

1 Like

My dad was, I guess that makes me a Lewis.
I was invited on numerous occasions by contractors but membership was frowned upon by my employer. At one point masons were asked to declare themselves after allegations of impropriety.

3 Likes

Careful with the colour associations there :wink:

My beautiful daughter would likely (verbally) tear you a new one if you suggested she had to have pink. :rofl: :rofl: Plus, what about those that are gender neutral or non-specific or …?

2 Likes

I could answer that, but I am likely to be banned for 100 years for my answer !.

1 Like

I printed one for my sister in law last week. She thinks it’s brilliant. She’s a nurse btw and uses it daily

4 Likes

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

2 Likes

great idea, but please please please lose the pink/blue thing

Black it is then !.

If you are 3D printing them go for some rainbow :rainbow: PLA

james
the one you printed, have you go the design handy, got someone interested in trying it,

any idea how much it would cost per one to make?
cheers

1 Like

The link to different designs Lee is in the second post if that helps.

got that cheers chris, just wondered if @anon34183503 had a specific design or whether it was the one on the link

1 Like

SAFEGRABBER_rev1.zip (133.3 KB)

there ya go not my design but works just fine

@admins can we add stl to the allowed filetype to upload please?

2 Likes

ta james,

1 Like