What is the best landing mat?

best landing pad and cheapest is my hand

1 Like

I have ordered the first suggestion - from reading up the bright colours help the RTH function - car mats and things of a darker colour whilst work as a landing mat do not help the RTH! I will be testing it soon.

2 Likes

Fair point but I always bring them into land by myself
If I lose connectivity and RTH activates, as soon as I regain connection I take over.

I would go for one bigger than what you might originally think.

The drone does not always come down bang on the same spot.

3 Likes

oh and practice folding it a hundred times before trying to do it in front of people :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

This is why I land it myself.

If you leave it to land, it’s normally pretty close. But I like to control it as much as I can.

1 Like

Only a hundred times…how come you got the hang of it so quickly?

I’m legit intrigued by this folding issue

You’ll find out when yours arrives tomorrow @its.steves.shots :rofl:

3 Likes

A quick tip, just don’t try folding/unfolding it in a strong wind or you’ll be up in the air like a kite.

1 Like

Video to follow then :joy:

2 Likes

I’m tempted by a weighted mat - last week I used my pop up mat on some scruffy broken concrete (couldn’t peg it) and the mat blew away when my M2P came down to land!

I’ve been warned not to give mine to the grandkids and ask them to open to guess what it is :joy:

3 Likes

Mine is a square, laminated thing with just enough weight to not blow over. I went square to avoid the folding kerfuffle!

As well as the pegs my mat came with 4 small sacks, which you can fill with sand, stones etc. to weigh down the corners, but if yours didn’t you could always use poo bags at a pinch (unused ones, obviously). I put a small handful of lead-free shot (available from your local fishing tackle shop) into each bag and keep them in the carrying bag along with the mat. :+1:

1 Like

25 Seconds opening and closing and back into the case, no idea what you were all complaining about :joy: hardest part was zipping the bloody bag back up

6 Likes

Upcycled hardboard and duct tape. Folds up like a board game… Remember those?

6 Likes

T for Take-off & Touch-down?

1 Like

My son has dozens, not the old fashioned ones like we used to play, but modern ones which apparently are very popular with people his age. The price of some of them would make your eyes water. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Thats same as my landing pad lol.