What's in your drone bag?

Starting to think my drone kit isn’t normal and thinking of getting some more …reasonable sized kit

So what do guys pack?

3 Likes

Not a fire extinguisher, that’s for sure :blush:

Tell me more, intrigued…

4 Likes

Inspire gear:

Mavic gear:

And/or a GPC rucksack if I need some portability:

2 Likes

It doesn’t just carry cameras it sometimes flies around with experimental equipment and random circuitry that has on occasion been know to set on fire just a little bit, but it’s mainly just precautionary

1 Like

my bag contains…

13x 4s lipos.
3x 3s lipos
1x 2s goggle lipo
fatshark hdo
taranis
crossfire
allen key drivers
about 10 bags of props
solder
soldering iron
flux
spare antennas
usually 2 - 3 quads
maybe a wing strapped to the outside
cable ties
1 carrier bag to put rubbish in
1 old tablet computer with flight controller software on it
1 speedybee adaptor
prop spanners
lipo straps

other random stuff and things

You know the rules.

Photos, or it didn’t happen.

:wink:

1 Like

i will grab a pic tomorow. not going out to the garage now

1 Like

I’ll give you 0.00001 of a guess as to what’s in mine …

4 Likes

Ya beat me to it Dave !, just what i was about to do !

Sarnies? :thinking:

I should have had something for scale. That’s two halves of loaf type sarnie!

1 Like

Jeese… You guys pack a lot of stuff! I like to travel light. Just use the Fly More combo case, usually shoved in a backpack.

My mates got me a semi-hard backpack case but it huge!

1 Like

One drone bag. (Due to be sorted through tomorow)

5 Likes

Currently away so everything is in the case, however when I’m home the chargers stay at home and I carry a rucksack with a landing pad and other little bits and bobs. For commercial ops, a case with fire extinguisher, signs, documents will also come along.

3 Likes

Have to admit, I’m staggered by most of these pictures! They develop tiny folding drones only for people to get huge hard cases that can carry fire extinguishers and the kitchen sink :rofl:

My Mavic 2 Pro Combo padded bag is all I ever carry. It holds the 2 Pro, 3 batteries & the remote. In the front pouch it holds spare props, spare Micro SD and pack of filters. That’s it! What else do you need? :cowboy_hat_face:
Car charger stays in the car (obviously!) and the mains charger stays at home plugged into the wall.
Best of all, I’ve taken that through airports dozens of times and never had to unpack the bag at security…
Ian

9 Likes

I dare not show mine!, you would all crap yourselves!.
I have 3 drones all in one hold-all, with all the batteries,etc.

6 Likes

I’m with you … although I have MP, RC, spare batteries in their own hard cases and then everything in a back-pack (with other things). The reason being that I tend to walk long distances and it’s more comfortable to carry - and I need the “other things” for that. Waterproofs, etc.

Well … I have taken mine on long treks with the hopes of finding someone to recharge from when miles from base.
Backfired on me when I first tried putting this into use. I only took my car charger with me on my 8k miles holiday in Italy (why take two?) and had never used the car charger before. I was unaware of the need for the engine to be running. :rage:
So - when well away from base it was more a case of bribing someone to have their car/camper engine running to recharge my batteries. That cost a lot in beer over the 3 months!

1 Like

Pillow case…:clown_face:

1 Like

Duvet cover?

My Typhoon H snug in it’s backpack.

2 Likes