Where can I buy r/a short cable?

Hi all. I’ve had a few disconnection issues recently and having searched on here I see many experienced flyers recommend using the USB A slot on the controller rather than the USB C slot on the side.

I’m going to try that, but I can’t find a short right-angled lighting to USB cable anywhere. Amazon have none and don’t know when they will have any. I guess I can make it work with a normal USB A to lighting cable, but that’s at least 1m long, and doesn’t have the right angle connector, so will be awkward.

Any thoughts welcome.

@Jaycee360
I got mine from Amazon, Anker brand, 300mm long and it’s a perfect fit. It’s the quality version with braided covering.
I’ll see if I can dig up some more positive information
Cheers
Steve :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

What about a magnetic connector?

This Amazon search has a few of the 1ft/30cm ones that @Steviegeek mentions.

(it also has some other sizes - such searches are never perfect.)

Edit: No right-angle ones.

For charging - yeah - but I’m buggered if I’d use one whilst flying!

2 Likes

This is in stock for delivery this week

Highly recommend it
I’ve used magnetic but won’t any longer

Cheers

On Mavic controllers the USB A slot is FAR safer to use. If you open up a controller you will find the USB C slot is offset for some stupid reason, hence many owners world wide have damaged the connector and then need to spend a fortune replacing the controller. It is also almost impossible to fix this yourself if it gets damaged. It is a fundamental design flaw in having the key tiny, thin C blade offset - no other C product has this offset. For those who insist on using the C, the best option are the magnetic connectors BUT care is needed for obvious disconnect reasons. I use an ANker right angled connector to my iPad mini from the A slot - 100% faultless - the key is to buy quality cables not the CCKO ones IMHO of course.

1 Like

Many thanks guys. @Steviegeek cheers…I’ve ordered that one. I was hoping for a RA cable but that short one looks good anyway …and comes highly recommended:-)

I’ve just tested the USB A slot with a long cable and it works with no disconnect so far.

Happy flying!

1 Like

I don’t think magnetic connectors support data do they? Only power/charging? :thinking:

Do I get the solution tick for this :thinking:
:laughing: :grin:

1 Like

I’ve come across one or two but like @OzoneVibe I would not rely on a magnetic connection when the priority of the data is high. A reliable connection needs to be electrically and physically sound, and a magnet provides none of this.

Nidge.

3 Likes

Nor me.
The wife has a magnetic for her phone at night charge and I think that’s about the only real use for them.
I tried one in the controller side USB port, (for charging only) but the magnet was stronger than the connector retention, useless !
Cheers

1 Like

NetDot 12th Generation 3-in-1 Magnetic Cable,Fast Charging and Data Transfer for Micro USB/USB-C Smartphones Sumsung S10/9/8/7/6/Note9,Sony,Google and i-Product(2m/1 pack black) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07QDYXVBB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_iAXIEbA9XB92A

1 Like

I have this - works perfect with the Apple micro USB to lighting adapter.

AmazonBasics Double Braided Nylon USB 2.0 A to Micro B Cable | 1 Foot (0.3 m), Dark Grey
by Amazon
https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074VM7J5Z/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_0ffJEb890R8SA

Cheers
Rick

1 Like