Where do you feel comfortable flying?

Here you go

1 Like

Thanks, I don’t know if I was blind to that link to e-mail or if you’ve done some whoodooo to make it appear!!
I’ve messaged him.
Thanks

If you read the requests that Simon is sending , and kudos to him for doing it, they are to a variety of councils . There are parish councils , local councils and county councils so you really need to know who ´owns’ the land you are taking off from. Not sure exactly where that shows anywhere …anyone know?

Land Registry.

At £30 a go not really worth it there though …

Well…you did ask :rofl: :rofl:

next time I will be much more specific :stuck_out_tongue:

Company I work for has a corporate account at the land registry. They pay a humongous amount a year but every search is free. When they are doing between 20-30 a day it’s worth every penny.

Unfortunately they won’t give me the login details. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Yes sorry I meant “for sure its sub 250g”, not “for sure it’s C0”. I know it’s not classed. Still so confused. Went for a good walk around a lot of fields over the weekend to find suitable place. I can TOAL from public footpaths, but it’s farmers fields (and will avoid any with animals in), I’d be flying over. Seems the nearest club quite a long way away, but might try them too. It’s just getting the confidence to get out there and fly FPV (will probably try angle mode LOS first though!)

1 Like

Horsham? I am guessing they need a nudge to say the link they have included in the foi response and local press (including their own news site) is broken.

Yeah, the issue is I’m pretty sure their policy is a blanket no flying, which is just a right pain in the #*&#
I searched before, I’m just hoping that the link is to something that has more detail than the one line I’ve found previously.

1 Like

Indeed the tone of their news articles suggest that may well be the case but I also suspect that without a bylaw their policy is moot when it comes to public land.

How would I find this out?

http://www.rowmaps.com/ is a good resource. Plus OS mapping will show you public footpaths etc.

Some of the quieter parks in Horsham I would suspect would be absolutely fine depending on weight of the UAV.

yeah, sorry I’ve seen that, I meant how do you find out if their blanket no fly is moot without byelaws.
I guess it’ll come down to a case going to court and the judicial system deciding at the end of the day.
I have no real need to fly in the town so will keep flying as I am from public ROW locations, so long as I’m following drone code / pfco restrictions I’m happy.
I would just love councils to relax on the whole drone restrictions, the CAA has enough restricting us anyway they can then just stay out of it!!

Article 16 is also your friend in that situation

1 Like

And that :point_up_2:t2:

The CAA actually got into it because of SOME fliers acting like idiots.
(Some private pilots think the CAA are not required but I can assure you after my 30 yrs with the CAA they need riding herd on as well!!)

The CAA are required and I’ve got nothing against them, it’s the council’s putting blanket bans that I have issues with.
I hate the guys that think they can fly without any restrictions, the rules are there to keep everyone safe.

“… hate the guys that think they can fly without any restriction…”

Like the flier that decided he would fly over the nuclear sub construction base at Barrow-in-Furness…his UAV failed and was picked up with his name and address on it in the yard by Security.
Day in court cost him £3.5k inc costs…

1 Like