Where Do You Fly? Help create the Great Grey Arrows Map of the UK!

Here’s what I have so far.

Have taken the subject matter names in to account now. Thanks for that.

Working on the User side and Admin side of the site now (adding places to the map, moderation, etc)

Any comments greatly received :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looks really good so far.

1 Like

Wow :open_mouth:

Looks great :+1:

Looking good! :+1: Can members’ comments be added to the locations?

Here are my thoughts on commenting:

We could have a new category on the forum “Where to Fly in the UK”

It can be a regular category that people can post in as normal, but can also have a topic for each location added to the map from the Fly Mavic site.

Will be looking at the api integration possibilities that this forum has, to allow a user (let’s call it a FlyMavic bot user), to auto post a new topic for the location added to the map (once an admin on FlyMavic has moderated the new addition).

I will add a Grey Arrows username field to the users accounts on FlyMavic so that can be added to the post and also a description box for the place flown which can be used in the topic opening post along with any media added to the map.

There will also be a link on the FlyMavic popup that links directly to the topic on Grey Arrows and vice versa, a link in the topic on Grey Arrows, that when clicked jumps to the map and auto locates the place and opens the popup.

Thoughts ?

My thoughts are in the Staff area.

Let’s hear it for East Anglia!
Only cos that’s home for me, and I fly there recreationally.

But my job takes me to golf courses all the UK and Ireland. Tough gig - the most beautiful courses we have and I just doodle about swooping and hovering over machinery. I’ve had the chance to fly in France and Spain, but it’s tricky to get the relevant authorities to agree. My CAA licence only covers the UK.

1 Like

Seriously?!

Damn that’s harsh…

Got any job vacancies going? :rofl:

1 Like