Where exactly are the M2P/M2Z flight logs kept?

The funny thing is, the guy is standing there with his hands behind his back, he’s not flying it, so perhaps his neighbour is showing him over the fence.

I feel pretty cheated, so i am more inclined to just get a refund and go for Joes used one, with the filters, although I have filters, but it does have 9 hours on it.

3 Likes

Any chance you could upload the photos…:wink::wink:

I think this is possible when rooted? :thinking: Been a while now…

Indeed, this is a major privacy issue.

@ash2020 out of interest, what was the file name numbering up to? DJI_0014.JPG kinda thing? Or was it well in to the hundreds?

2 Likes

Probably DJI0001.JPG … but as it re-started the 1000 numbering sequence for the third time. :wink:

2 Likes

I’d better not just yet, until I’ve spoken to them tomorrow morning.

They are DJI_0001.JPG up to DJI_0005.JPG

2 different locations.

2 Likes

Callum,
Here’s a thing. I just went out and had a quick flight. Then connected the Mavic in DJI Assistant 2. Still says “failed to get log list”.

Any ideas?
Cheers.

I just phoned DJI and they told me it was first activated May 28th 2019, so definitely secondhand!

They also said that there is no way of accessing the flight logs without the previous account details.

There is also no way of re-activating the drone, it can only be activated once.

2 Likes

Time to get the refund … or a mahoosive discount! :+1:

4 Likes

And then name & shame please :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Send it back!, shafters!
Yeah, name a shame the baskets!.
The world needs to know of these twats.
Your not having the best of luck Ash !.

OK. I can get a brand new M2Z from DJI without the controller or charger for £989 (I still have my RC and charger in perfect condition.)

The 2 year warranty would only cover the A/C and the controller warranty would remain as it was. Is this a good idea or do you think in the event of a warranty claim they would say “sorry it’s the fault of the controller and that’s out of warranty now!”

1 Like

That, or Joe’s, seem like similarly good options.

Does the remaining warranty transfer with a s/h one?

1 Like

Is it brand new Andrew? And not a refurb? :thinking:

1 Like

Probably a “DJI refurb” - but that is a “back to China total rebuild with warranty / care refresh starting anew” deal. You can at least trust that as much (or as little) as a brand new from the box model.

1 Like

Precisely, I don’t know, and may depend upon where bought. But that is also why it would be £189 cheaper plus bits.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking…

Maybe… but something in my head would be nagging me forever that it wasn’t “new”, and I wouldn’t be able to get past that :confused:

I wouldn’t have a problem if I was buying a refurb product and that was made clear (eg. Apple iPad), not a problem - but if I’m buying something that’s being listed as new, I want something new :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I think if I went the full brand new in a box complete caboodle, something would be in my head nagging me that I wasted a few more hundred £££. :wink:

They say it is brand new, not activated, full warranty. It just doesn’t have the controller or charger. When you think about it, they must have a load of boxed Mavics for their care refresh replacements.