Where exactly are the M2P/M2Z flight logs kept?

… which a probably totally refurbished items that have previously been returned by other customers under the care refresh scheme. :wink:

2 Likes

NOOOOOOO! :joy::sleepy::disappointed_relieved::cry:

That’s it - I’m going to get a Tello instead!

1 Like

Well - they’re not going to bung away all that stuff.

Even people that send things in for genuine repair get a replacement (almost instantly). They don’t repair in Europe = everything is sent back to China for stripping and rebuilding into “new” units … new serial numbers and everything … after all … it is a new “build”.

1 Like

That’s very good. I approve of mending and recycling.

1 Like

When I was very little, my Mum used to get me old clocks & things to take to bits to see how they worked. I can now mend pretty much anything.

1 Like

Best get a scuba kit and head to FoF, then. :rofl:

1 Like

By the time I’ve done a dive training course it’ll have gone a bit rusty! :rofl:

1 Like

The aircraft only option on DJI store is brand new but I dont think it represents value for money.

Brand new zoom can be had for around £1k including a battery, controller and charger.

That way youd have a spare everything. 2 chargers would also be handy.

He’d have even more spare everything’s buying Joe’s for even less. :wink:

(Note. I’m not on commission. I just want someone to buy what I can’t afford to be tempted by for much longer!)

3 Likes

Honestly, after getting it out the box again the other day to take the video of it flying, I’ll be absolutely gutted when it eventually finds a new home. My wife would be livid, but if I can’t sell it I won’t be at all sorry. :wink:

5 Likes

I have never been a fan of DJIs policy of refurbed drones.
Not that I have ever needed to, still leaves a nasty taste in my mouth thinking back to communications I had with them, with my Phantom 2 Vision, which they fucked up, together with 1,000s of others.
It’s time they ran a responsible Company, and listen to the customer, for once!.

1 Like

No Callum, I don’t think there are any in stock anywhere for £1K. £1099 is the cheapest. There is a big supply shortage at the moment. Mind you, what started as a cost cutting exercise is now getting really boring and tedious. I should’ve just stumped up the extra 99 quid in the first place. I’ve wasted days now.

4 Likes

Got to agree Ash, a valuable lesson for all here, but, sorry to say at your expense.
Feeling pissed off for you!.
I have always sworn by my local supplier (Buzzflyer, Sudbury) have now bought 4 drones from them, cannot fault thier service.

1 Like

What,you mean like Thomas cook ???:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Ah well, the final decision. Drones Direct have said that they will reimburse £100, making the cost of the very lightly used M2Z , activated lastMay, £899.

I’m really tempted to send it back, on principle, for being f**ked about, but then I have the whole choice thing over again and I really want to get flying again.

Andrew, see: I'll not be using Drones Direct again!

And probably many other threads about the same firm… :pensive:

Thanks Rich, I’ve not had a good experience so far but I’m wondering if it would get even worse if I tried for a return and full refund. At least I have it here and it looks perfect and flies as it should, and FlyIcarus have changed the policy over.

Have you accepted? I’d counter their offer with £200.

Worth a try. Mention the GDPR breach.

I already mentioned their GDPR breach, but I don’t want to make it sound like blackmail! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I countered their offer with £150 but they won’t budge.

1 Like