Where/How best to attach your CAA Operator ID label?

Hmmm … I wonder if the arms of the Mavic count as body?

1 Like

I would think any part which can’t be detached without using tools to disassemble would be classed as body, on cars the doors are still classed as part of the body so don’t see any difference as they are on hinges also.

1 Like

This is the new PolarPro drone body extension kit specifically designed for displaying your new OP ID. Apparently its specifically designed to ‘leave no-one in doubt of your legitimacy’ it fits any drone over 250g.

According to PolarPro’s own spiel (cant find the link now for some reason - hehe) its gets CAA’s approval for attaching / displaying your OP ID.

LOL.

1 Like

When it lands and is all crumpled up … that will test their “can be read on the ground”. :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

:joy::joy:

I dont think a great deal of thought went into this version of it at all. :rofl:

2 Likes

Mine is going under the battery

1 Like

I will not be putting one on at all, I might write it on a piece of paper and put it in batterie compartment, ( in case it gets lost) It can be seen if anyone wants to look at it! yes if someone found it they could just throw paper away , but then a label is supposed to be removable so they could just peel that off ,
Besides if you have one number for all your drones then the individual drone number is irrelevant for identification it will be the same for whatever drone is on the floor in front of you at the time so ! “ here you are mr plod, here is my email showing number” job done.
Edit; besides the police are the only ones I would allow to inspect it.

2 Likes

I’m fully in agreement.

I mean … who is actually going to want to see it?

Not a single confrontation with public, or interaction with the police, in over 6 years of drone flying (excluding the Italian copper that wanted pics of his house, that is).

3 Likes

I have never read so much stuff about the most simplest thing .sticking a lable on .
How on earth do some of you guys fly or for that matter even get through life .

14 Likes

The wording is such that is easily accessible… specifically it says:

visible without needing a special tool to remove or open part of your aircraft

So battery compartment is fine.

3 Likes

Yep

A post was merged into an existing topic: Drone and Model Aircraft Registration and Education Scheme (DRES)

Or…

“visible without needing a special tool to remove or (to) open part of your aircraft”

:man_shrugging:

Either way, I can’t see anyone getting arrested for that.

3 Likes

I have to agree Shane, is it such a big deal to pay £9 and put a sticker on your drone, mine will go in the battery compatment somewhere.

4 Likes

My head hurts.
just had an idea. I’m going to write it on with a UV pen so it can only bee seen in UV light… then I can call it my spy drone. and if I can get some invisable ink may cover the whole drone in it then no one will know it’s even there.

4 Likes

No ‘Oxford comma’ mate so lawyers would have a field day with that :slight_smile:

1 Like

As the post deletion suggests you realised … obscuring your ID might be a good idea. :wink:

3 Likes

Yes I did notice! :face_with_hand_over_mouth: thanks :tired_face:

1 Like

8 Likes

Are you making some kind of protest stand?

2 Likes