Where/How best to attach your CAA Operator ID label?

Miiiiiiiiiiiiiight be. :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Still trying to figure out were to put the Drone Reg No on my mother in law. Iā€™m sure sheā€™s over the 250kg I mean 250g limitā€¦ :grinning::grinning::grinning:

5 Likes

Hoping for a fly-away?

2 Likes

Only going to get that with the assistance of a Chinookā€¦ :wink:

3 Likes

I bet the police will be on this from the 30th November, anything to line there pockets! :dollar::bar_chart:

1 Like

They donā€™t have the time. Cases stacked up and neglected through lack of resources.

2 Likes

Best place to attach the id is on your drone ā€¦

Best Iā€™ve seen so far. What kind of label is that?

3 Likes

Judging by his MP wrap, Iā€™m thinking he might have made them.

2 Likes

Yes all made on my cutter, just gives a slightly more professional look I think. :grimacing:

3 Likes

So you could print (cut) these at 3mm high? In any colour?

You may have a market here mate :wink:

4 Likes

Ah :wink: like your thinking, Iā€™ve got some of the chameleon vinyl coming in the next couple days, going to run a test cut on that so will keep you guys posted. :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Before we pull this thread too far off topic, check out this thread: Have you wrapped your bird?

2 Likes

I really do need to get a newer car.

3 Likes

I know others have posted similar, but I like to check things and play by the rules, soā€¦ I sent the CAA an email pointing out that the wording on placement was a little ambiguous and asking whether, since there are no tools needed to remove the battery and it can be done easily, would the battery compartment be a suitable location for the ID.

Got a single sentence back:

The operator id should be in an areas where if your drone or model aircraft was found could be seen without the need to remove anything.

Thatā€™s it. The whole of the email (aside from my name and her name).

(edit: the grammar and typos arenā€™t mineā€¦ the email was copied as written)

2 Likes

Ive popped mine there too on my M2

So all those who are wanting to abide by the law may actually still be breaking the law by not displaying their ID numbers correctly? :joy:

1 Like

This does make sense really, in the sense of terrorism, you have to press buttons to take the battery off and buttons can de detonators, i remember watching some YouTube video of some American talking about the reason why these stickers have to be located in certain places.
This may be completely irrelevant but thought Iā€™d share. :grimacing:

4 Likes

They seem to be good at contradicting themselves, eh?

I have the wording they issued to everyone ā€¦ that should be good enough, and accurate. Their problem if theyā€™re sloppy with wording.

I mean - according to this in the CAAā€™s info ā€¦. nobody needs to register!

Itā€™s not possible to fly at their website ā€¦

Jesus!

3 Likes

Iā€™m sure theyā€™re getting a lot of similar queries regarding the battery compartment. They should just update their FAQs/documentation to make it clear.