Where to fly your drone

Hi all
I’m a newbie and just want to check something regarding the sites added to this website

Does this mean you don’t need the landowners/site owners permission to fly there?

Thanks for your help on this

Tony

Welcome and if flying from private land then yes, you will need permission.

However you can take off / land from public property and fly over private land just remember to follow the drone code.

1 Like

Thanks much appreciated
the problem for me is trying to establish what is public land
any advice on best way to do this?

Are you mobile and able to get around. If so, beaches, public parks, common land, canals etc etc…

Give me a hint as where you are anfd i could Google the area?

many thanks
I live in toddington beds
it’s the bye laws I have trouble finding out

I don’t know that area much… My brother used to live in Dunstable but that was many years ago.

Anyway, a quick uck Google with satellite overlay enabled shows what looks like a lot of farmland nearby. Find a quiet side road or footpath and take off from one of those.

Also, have a look at this page https://www.google.com/amp/s/dronelife.com/2017/03/14/where-can-i-fly-my-drone-these-5-apps-will-help/amp/ and make sure you have at least one of these apps to show you NFZs etc.

really appreciate the info
I will check it out
T

1 Like

Found this on youtube

Loads of open space, jump on your bike and go somewhere quiet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn5eiQbwdZY&frags=pl%2Cwn

Brilliant
Thanks again for your help

Sorry to jump into a conversation but im new to the drone world and been reading up on all the does and don’t but done understand why u have maps of no fly zones but nothing on safe fly zones for drones.
I live in Doncaster and if not just been out with my drones as I don’t no where I can fly them in a safe environment as I don’t fancy getting into trubble so if anyone one out there as any information on the matter is be really grateful

Try the old viaduct at Connisborough for a start.

Great spot.

Thank u for your quick reply my brother lives in connisborough so he should no we’re that is I’ll give it a go