Where to mount Strobon CREE lights on a Mavic 2?

I really made that comment as a consideration for others rather than any form of criticism. :wink: :+1:

2 Likes

No I totally see where you are coming from and agree and Iā€™m sure they must have some affect although I have not noticed anything to be honest but Iā€™m newish to drones, they are just a option I use some times as easy to fit , soft so no damage and do the job when needed. If my eye sight was better I wouldnā€™t use anything lol.

My name isnā€™t Steve Austin - I canā€™t see through haze/fog/mist. :stuck_out_tongue:

Itā€™s why I like that I can leave them on all the time ā€¦ never have to find them (or discover I left them at home) when the conditions go meh on me unexpectedly.

Unexpectedly? Recently the UK weather has made that far less unexpected. LOL!

1 Like

I just ordered a Strobon Cree light and it has just arrived, I am not sure where to attach it to my MM2 , I am just off to buy some 3M Velcro to attachā€¦ as anyone else attach theirs and any ideal spot on the drone.

2 Likes

In Norfolk all we have had at the weekends for what seems like months now is rain, rain and strong winds and today poxy snow so I need to fit a umbrella more than Cree lol. I did think about cable ties but worried they might fall off but maybe need to take another look .

2 Likes

The weatherā€™s not stopping my flying. Not once, in the last month, or more.
Being sensible with Covid risks, and now lockdown, have had me grounded for a while. Strobons arenā€™t bright enough to kill off the virus for miles around ā€¦ surprisingly. Viruses must have poor eyesight.

2 Likes

Iā€™m lucky here as surrounded by farm land and heath land so I can fly from my garden even with the new rules but I wouldnā€™t risk going anywhere else as this virus is a worry, I have to go to work as Iā€™m a lorry driver so we have had to work but we donā€™t go anywhere outside work or see any one socially, itā€™s just a shame that when Iā€™m not working all it does is rain, but better times will come

1 Like

Iā€™m way nearer the centre of a FRZ than I am the limit! LOL!

2 Likes

Here maybeā€¦

Screenshot_20210116_133252

1 Like

Just popping out to collect 3m tape ā€¦ thanks I will look when I get back ā€¦ thank you

On my mini I had it on the door that covers the battery

2 Likes

The 3M tape I used provided great adhesionā€¦ I thought about the battery compartment door but figured I might eventually end up just pulling it offā€¦ the battery compartment door that is!

Ned

2 Likes

Iā€™ve used strobes front and back of body and tracker on side with Velcro.

I definitely be using the cable-ties on the mini 2 and unsure about tracker atm of positioning on body as I need to test interference

1 Like

I have just fitted a pair of Strobon Standalone to my M2P. I have a pair of the Strobon Cree which I will fit to my Mini 2. IMHO, the Cree to appear to be brighter. I have attached them using 3M double lock tape purchased from Flytron at the same time I bought the Cree bulbs. First impressions are that the fixings should keep the lights on nicely.

Excuse the backdrop of the kitchen but I have hopefully attached a couple of photos and a short video showing where I have put the lights.

4 Likes

I was planning on putting my lights under the legs of my M2P with velcro, but found the legs are quite thin. Also stops the legs from folding. Iā€™ve sat one just behind the camera (not stuck down yet), but unsure if thisā€™ll interfere with any of the sensors or camera. Anyone know?

1 Like

Exactly where I have put one of mine as per the above post. I donā€™t fly after dark (yet anyway) so would be surprised if a briefly flashing strobe would cause any major issues with the camera/sensors. Just my opinion though.

2 Likes

The arms on the M2P are of a nigh on identical cross section to those on my M1P and, were I to use Velcro, Iā€™d not see an issue with fitting them there.

Whilst Iā€™ve not seen reports of interference, personally Iā€™d rather keep a distance (however small) between the strobeā€™s electronics and those of the camera, GPS, IMU, etc.

2 Likes

I seen you saying @Rafter white to front and red to rear, Iā€™ve always done the opposite :flushed: is it choice or have I done it wrong :smirk:

Something else I read on another forum which is something to look into and thatā€™s if you have Landing Gear Extensions Legs to hot glue them to them.

@ziceman White to front and red rear is just my personal preference. I can remember them 'cause thatā€™s what vehicles have. :grinning:

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: