Which drone should I buy for (up to) £1,800?

Genius! Do that :+1:t2: Fully covered for all eventualities

1 Like

Convertible!!

1 Like

Hey Joe (cue for a song)

I’m thinking of selling my M2P, it’s not quite the whole Fly More, but it’s got 2 batteries, controller, charger, bag, spare props, original box. And it’s a lot less than your budget. I’m looking for £850. Let me know if you’re interested.

John

1 Like

Second hand M2P as its soon going to be legacy anyway and a mini 2 save whats left over and start saving again for when / if we ever get drones with CE and classification.

Every drone in the UK today is legacy already, no “soon” about it @scottydog

And come on man, you know better than to call them CE, I’m sure all drones are CE stamped already. Class Marks is what the future holds for us :blush:

Roll on 2023 eh? :+1:t2: :smiley:

3 Likes

I’ll paint the class mark on my self builds with tip-ex :grin: :+1:t2:

Wooah there! The MP2, whilst it has built up a good following and reputation, is ageing in drone terms. It uses the old DJI Go app as opposed to the newer DJI Fly app. New, it costs a lot more than a new virtually equivalent, camera and sensor wise, Mavic Air 2S. Do a comparison search on Google and YouTube and see for yourself.

Total honesty I currently have a Mini2 (which I love) and the Mavic Air 2 but in the next week or two I’ll be selling the MA2 and upgrading to the Air2S (as a reward to myself for passing my A2CofC and, hopefully next week passing my GVC OE exam) purely for the better sensor. I considered the MP2 but…

Hi Hotrod,
That sounds like a good deal. As long as drone hasn’t been flying up and down Beirut high street and hasn’t been to the moon and back, I think I will take you up on that.
How do you want me to proceed?
Kr
Joe

Morning Joe
No mate, don’t live anywhere near Beirut!
Where do you live? I’d like you to have a look/try before you part with a wodge of moolah.
There’s absolutely nothing wrong with the M2P at all, I prefer to use my M2 Zoom (same drone, different camera) and I’ve got a Phantom 4 Pro and Inspire Pro with even better cameras, so it tends to sit on the shelf most of the time.
I live in the West Midlands, so everywhere is reachable for me. Let me know and we’ll sort something out

John

Isn’t the Mavic Pro 2 EOL?

I thought I read that they were not being continued due to the Mavic 3 coming out soon. (of course when is soon - but with many stores reporting it as EOL, it can’t be long)

Not sure I would buy a drone that is about to be replaced.

If you are not in a dire rush, I would wait

Where did you read that? :rofl:

2 Likes

Morning Hotrod,
Doesn’t it have the hasleblad 1” camera?
The only problem with testing is that I live on the Isle of Man.
I take people at their word, so if you say it’s in good condition, then that’s good enough for me!
Postage here is the same as UK,
My postcode is IM1 1LG
Just so you can check and I can send the extra dollar.

B&H shows DJI Mavic 2 Pro as being discontinued - DroneDJ for one

OK mate, I’ll charge the batteries now and take it for a quick check out fly around later this morning just to make sure everything’s OK. I’ll stick a couple of pictures on here later for you to look at.
The camera has a 1" sensor using Hassleblad technology and the front of the lens says “Hassleblad” on it and DJI make that the biggest part of their advertising.
DJI are showing the Mavic 2 Pro STILL for sale, although only with the Smart Controller option for £1779
I’ll get everything ready and put the pictures up later for you

John

Hi Joe, hopefully someone on this page will correct me where I’m wrong but essentially C2 class drones will allow remote pilots holding an A2 Certificate of Competency to fly up to 30m of uninvolved persons (ie anyone who has not directly given you their consent as they are [un]intentionally in your area of operation), or up to 5m in low speed mode. Low speed mode being (I think) 3m/s.
There are other criteria too but the above should make flying a smidgen less bureaucratic. Oh, how could I forget- drones under 2Kg (MTOM) bought now will, after june 2022, become ‘Legacy Aircraft’. Don’t ask!

I thought that … until you get to the bottom and there’s a “let me know when in stock” thingie …

1 Like

You can get the M2P with Smart Controller delivered by the 25th August for £1779

Just a couple of pictures taken this afternoon with the M2P.
The microlight/hang glider in the first one was totally out of sight from the ground. The flats in the farthest background are probably around 3 miles from where I was.

John

2 Likes

Great pics John :ok_hand:t2: Wish I had gone for the 1" Hasselblad with Aperture control M2P rather than the Air 2 :pleading_face: lol

Indeed but you know what I mean , thing is with that bunch of muppets I have no confidence it will be sorted by 2023 either lol