Which insurance provider would I claim from if I have two providers

Hi,

I have a vague recollection that when GADC introduced membership with PLI there were posts about having PLI with two providers … but I can’t find these now.

I currently fly a Mavic Air 2. My GADC membership expires in three days with the option to upgrade to Insured Member; my FPV UK membership, with PLI, expires end-April … but that gives me Article 16 OA advantage.

I was just thinking if I have recourse to two PLIs, which one would I use in the event of a claim, and would the insurer not accept the claim if I’m insured elesewhere. I suppose that if flying under Article 16 OA, the claim would have to made against FPV UK’s insurers.

Oh, and hoping to get a Mini 4 Pro in April, so won’t need the Article 16 OA advantage then.

Any comments / thoughts much appreciated.

1 Like

if you decide to become an insured member here & cancel any other policy I’m sure the club adds on your existing time you had with your other provider ( I see April it runs out ) so almost 2 months give or take added to your new policy giving you roughly 14 months, you have to provide proof of cancellation if this is the route you decide it’s an easy move no problems,

It’s either one or the other ( meaning the policy rules ) as in post below,

Hope this helps

If you have two inurers for the same thing, they might both claim that the other is responsible, if they are aware of course. Pretty sure all this stuff is held online for them nowadays. I’d personaly be pretty cautious with having two seperate insurers for the same thing, if they get into a fight it could months, if not years, to resolve. If you have no intention of flying the Air 2 after getting your hands on the Mini 4 Pro, I would suggest going with GADC as you get a lot more for your money than just PLI. You also get full access to this place, as well as Dronescene which is worth the cost all on its own

As an asside

I currently fly a Mavic Air 2
hoping to get a Mini 4 Pro in April

If and when you do, first dibs when you come to sell the Air 2 :rofl:
(yes, I am serious)

Thanks @Kirky and @mynameisjoe.

@mynameisjoe: was alwyays going to renenew GADC membership, just whether to upgrade to InsuredMember or not. Will let you know if i decide to sell MA2 :grinning:

I was holding off on upgrading my membership to insured member. I was going to go with BMFA or UKFPV membership as it opens up the rules a little for slightly larger drones. But then I read that GADC may have some pokers in the fire for this so decided just to jump on board. Most of my flying is out in the open and far from people and buildings anyway. When I am flying near houses/people etc I put the Air 2 away and get the mini 2 out. I much prefer the Air 2 for stability and wider dynamic range of the camera, plus since updates were forced on me I no longer really trust the mini2. Personally, I think the upgrade is worth every penny. Not just for what you get here, but it also helps the site, the very site that helped me out massively when I first started flying. Almost everything I know about drones came from within here, so I don’t mind giving some back.

3 Likes