Which Power Supply?

3-10 days with DHL Express all being well :pray:

As itā€™s my first build Iā€™ve gone for a QAV250 mini quad, has a space for the FPV equipment which Iā€™m yet to acquire, but it will serve me well in learning the ropesā€¦

Certainly nothing on @tom_pow who seems to have built the Death Star in comparison :joy: what a beast!

1 Like

@JamButty Youve got the edge on speed though as putting my drone in sports mode is very scary

1 Like

Cool.

I started with a QAV XS frame then switched out to a chameleon clone.

Still learning though, just donā€™t get the time.

Run mine on 4S Lipos

6S is going to be insane!

Looks cool mate, like the halo bars around the camera - I imagine thatā€™s come in handy once or twice! With me running 6S Iā€™ll need to invest in a reinforced Titanium roll cage for mine I think!

Nervous and excited to try it out :nerd_face:

1 Like

Have you flown one before?

No this will be my maiden flight on my first ever build.

Looking to get lots of practice in and go for the CAA pfCO qual to be able to fly commercially. Thatā€™s the long term goal anyway :blush: Iā€™ve noticed the thread regards the group discounts on here, Iā€™ll certainly be posting soon to voice my interest.

You planning on joining mate?

I donā€™t think Iā€™d ever have the time to make good use of a PFCO.

I had thought of doing the NQE so I could apply for extra permissions as a hobbyist.

Have you built the quad yet? Curious as to what flight controller, TX etc youā€™ve chosen.

Yeah itā€™s a lot of money just to continue flying as a hobby, Iā€™ll look into where I can use it professionally before I commit.

Not built yet as waiting for a new ESC, 1 spontaneously combusted when I was connecting x8r rx so having to swap it outā€¦Iā€™ve re-soldered the cables around the ESC-FC connections just in case it was my bad/bridged soldering which did it!

Iā€™m using a Taranis X9D TX, Naze32 Acro FC, RacerStar 2205 motors, 6S Lipo. For the FPV gear (still to be purchased) Iā€™m looking at the Eachine V200D goggles as Iā€™ve read great things about it being a real competitor to the Fat Shark range, Aomway antennas, Tramp HV VTX (still researching this) and Foxeer Monster 1200tvl micro pro camera. On paper I think itā€™s a good set-upā€¦we will see how it makes out in practice! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like