Which sim to learn FPV flying?

Evening all, the last time I asked for help I received genuinely useful help. Many thanks again to those who contributed! So here I am again…
Can anyone recommend a flight sim to learn fpv flying? Preferably mac based please. I’d be grateful for any tips…

1 Like

The main ones seem to be:

Velocidrone
Lift off
Uncrashed
Free rider
There’s a few more as well check out JB’s video below:

Hope this helps :+1:t2:

2 Likes

If you are on a Mac then I’d recommend either lift off or velocidrone.

Liftoff is great for freestyle and free flight and imo feels quite realistic - I use both on my macbook

Velocidrone is great for racing.

Sadly uncrashed doesn’t work on Mac as it’s windows only.

1 Like

Many thanks guys. Could you recommend a controller too?

That’s a tough one, it depends on what your planning to use it for after the sim.

Several I recommend are:

Radiomaster TX16S (multi protocol)
TBS Tango2 (Crossfire only)
TBS Mambo (Tracer only (without adding a module))

They are high end radios but worth the investment.

1 Like

Thanks once again!

1 Like

If you are wanting to spend time on a sim before diving into realworld FPV a cheap option would be this which is around the price of an average game controller while supporting the FrSky D8 and D16 protocols most commonly used on beginner Bind N Fly Quads.

Then if you decide to progress to more advanced FPV quads the list @DeanoG60 has provided is a good starting point.

1 Like

Hi Nidge,
That’s really kind, thanks. It’s ordered and am looking forward to starting out in the fpv world!
Best wishes, Marcus

2 Likes

My pleasure, Paul.

Once it arrives you may may have more questions, especially with setting up with a simulator. Please don’t feel you have to struggle on your own if you do, start asking as many questions as you want and we as a community will guide you through as best we can.

1 Like

I 2nd the above statement :+1:t2: we’ll help where we can :ok_hand:t2:

More useful info - thank you very much!

1 Like

I’m humbled by all this advice - thanks guys. For sure I’ll be back!

3 Likes

Morning All,

Do any of you use a simulator to practive flying? something like the DRL (Save 50% on The Drone Racing League Simulator on Steam) or VelociDrone (https://www.velocidrone.com/)

1 Like

Hi Ryan Ive moved your post to another existing thread on fpv sims :+1:t2:

1 Like

Whoops, I missed this one, very sorry!

No worries :+1:t2: