Whitby DJI Mini 3 Pro

Nice one great video Whitby is one of my favourite places to go

1 Like

@Sparkyws :rofl:

Iā€™m not a man given to commenting generally. But this is absolutely top notch in just about all respects. Iā€™d be contacting the town council with this one and offering to sell it to them. Excellent work

1 Like

Great video

Cheers mate.

Cheers TerryšŸ‘

Thank you Craig for your kind comments, makes it all worth while. :+1:

I can tell you a strange story about Whitby. We used to have a German Shepard dog some years ago who I still miss after loosing him 6 years ago. We was at Whitby one weekend while one of these spooky events was going on. We decided to walk over the bridge in the middle of Whitby and my dog was a big lad and he had been across the bridge several times before in the past but this particular weekend he jammed the anchor on and I literally had to drag him over and same thing coming back across, so bad people was staring at me as though I abused him or something. Anyway the next time we visited Whitby we tried him on the bridge again and he walked over calm as you like and never flinched. There was something on that bridge he didnā€™t like for sure that night but no idea what it was.

1 Like

Cracking video Frank, really enjoyed watching it. Well done on a great production.

1 Like

Thanks Paul :+1:

1 Like

Wonderful video Frank and excellently compiled.
I genuinely aspire to be as good as that both flying and doing all the post edit stuff.
:+1:
Rob

1 Like

Thanks Rob, appreciate your comments mate. :+1:

@Frank that is stunning in every respect ! I am a total newbie, still learning to fly the mini 3 pro (my first drone) and a whisker above clueless. May I ask a few things pleaseā€¦

1. Did you use D-Cinelike and then colour-grade yourself? If so, where can I learn how to colour-grade?

2. Any tips for learning how to fly so smoothly?

3. Any custom settings you can recommend for the modes (Cine in particular)? I got some custom settings that help me smooth the yaw/gimbal in cine mode but I have yet to brave trying changes to the stick responses to slow down the up/down movement.

Any help or advice will be massively appreciated.

I definitely must visit Whitby - what a stunning location.

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy and thanks for the comments. I did use Dcinerlike mainly for more dynamic range. Once you get used to it Dcinerlike is quite easy to grade. It is hard to explain on here but if I could show you on my computer you would get it in no time. Maybe after my holidays I will make a screen recording of my computer grading a clip and share it with you on here. :+1:

In regards to the drone stick settings mine are still in the default settings and I havenā€™t changed them and regarding the camera I use auto most of the time and just put a ND filter on on really bright days usually ND 64 on sunny days when using the Mini 3 but ND 16 when using the Mini 2.

I learned a lot from watching YouTube videos thereā€™s a lot of tutorials on YouTube

In regards to smooth flying not all my flying is smooth I just edit the videos and only use the smooth partsšŸ˜€

1 Like

Good Evening Frank, Great Drone Video of a stunning place in an area of outstanding natural beauty. I too struggle with D- Cine so I donā€™t really know how to exploit the benefits. I took up this Hobby during Covid when I started to watch YouTube Videos from brilliant Drone Creators who proudly share their skills to help us all. I started with a Cheap Hubsan as at the age then of 70 if I didnā€™t take to it or crashed it or lacked the dexterity on the sticks. Then I hadnā€™t lost a great deal of money. As it happened I loved it. So I upgraded to the 1st DJi Mini, then the Mini 2. I then became very interested in the DJi Air 2 S. However if I wanted to fly this drone I had to take my A2 Open Category Course as it weighs over 249 grammes coming in at 600+. I used UAV Hub for this, at 71 I took my 1st exam in 54 years and I am happy to say I passed 1st time with a 93% score you have to attain 80% to pass. So now I have my Mini 2 for convenience and my Air 2 S for tighter shots with its obstacle avoidance systems. I have just managed to come to terms with LumaFusion for editing with my iPad. Which has taken hours and hours as editing in itself is a whole new ballgame. I use Title Boxes as a way of informing my family what is on the clip. As I still have not managed narrating. It put me off when I watched YouTube Videos on adding your voice. Where it becomes apparent that to do it properly you need to write a script. At my age itā€™s harder for the old brain to grasp the mettle. So I think I may have creative avoidance at the thought of using and learning D-Log. I spend my time weather permitting filming in and around my City of Wakefield and South Yorkshire just for Family consumption. However if D-Log can improve the clarity of my clips to the standard you produce. It may be worth learning through the Winter Months when my ability to fly is hampered by our great British Weather. Apologies for a long endorsement of your work. Enjoy your holiday at Whitby looks like the weather will be kind over the coming days. Regards Nigel G

1 Like

Great intro to Whitby, thank you, must visit!

2 Likes

Hi, great Video of my favourite place. Did you fly last weekend 29/30 July ?
if so I heard and then spotted your Drone.

No mate it was during the week we arrived in Whitby on the Sunday :+1:

Cheers Alan

Hi Nigel D-Cinerlike is great mate but at first I found I was over doing it with the colour correcting, if you get the exposure right during filming it just needs some saturation and contrast. When I get home next week I am going to make a short video showing it by screen recording my computer and sharing it on this threadšŸ‘

2 Likes