White Scottish Highlands

Just a quick jolly today at -3 deg C in the Highlands whilst travelling between jobs. Done with my 5" quad in acro. I didn’t pull any tricks or anything as I didn’t have my mountain hiking gear with me :upside_down_face: :grin: And I was bricking it again as usual in case I crashed.
But I loved the buzz. Puts a smile on my face.
I have left the prop sound on as I like the sound of the wind. It’s not the most spectacular freestyle / cruising drone video, but there is a nice view on the way back.

20 Likes

Cruelty to drones! I could hear it shivering @ 2:38!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Poor little thing, you should be ashamed of subjecting him to that !.
But, I bloody loved it !
Great scenery, love the white stuff !.
You could have gone to the top, you were nearly there !.

I was going to but bottled it. I was just over a km out. It was gusty and my lipo was getting real low. Maybe why she shivered!

2 Likes

All said and done, great adventure in the middle of nowhere !.

1 Like

great video and what brilliant scenes.

1 Like

Perfek video, well done Karl

Cheers guys. Confidence is growing! Even for a middle aged git.

1 Like

Never having landed one myself… is “bump and roll” the standard technique? :wink:

Lol that’s my normal method!

3 Likes

Hey Karl @notveryprettyboy
Nice video mate, bet you feel real good after that, considering all the lousy flying days we’ve had down back home
I am rather disappointed though that you didn’t try for the gap in the fence bottom at 2:44
:rofl: :joy: LOL

Cheers
Steve :slightly_smiling_face:

PS bring the snow back, my Mavis hasn’t seen the white stuff yet

2 Likes

Phhh I’m out of practice with gaps. Still too nervy when I’m on my own. But all going well, I should be able to spend a bit of time in the Galloway hills tomorrow on my way home.

1 Like

I also overlooked awarding the Ice Flyer Badge to you for this! Now done! :+1:

1 Like

:hugs: Smug face lol

1 Like

I just love the Scottish highlands, but have not been up there in the snow for many a year. Going up this spring - hurray.

1 Like

The guys here who are in Scotland are well lucky.

2 Likes

That was awesome!! Beautiful scenary. Love the landing for added drama :smiley: :+1:

I go along with that, must get up there soon, with all that open space to play in.

So nice to see the home of the brave and the land of the free all dressed up in white. Sound offers an extra dimension!! Love it!!

I really enjoyed this - used to do snow flying by battery life was much reduced.
Great views to be had though!

1 Like