Why was my new topic merged to an existing topic?

So I put up my first post, asking a question about no sticks on controllers. Grey Arrows merges it into another post. Now my post/ question becomes an inconsequential comment attracting no comments. Thanks for that.

You’re assuming that it would have had an answer had it not been merged?
On what do you base that assumption?

1 Like

@anon69037387 your post was moved to an existing thread about stick control / use.

If everyone was to post a new topic instead of replying to existing topics we’d have thousands of topics with no replies.

You’re welcome.

9 Likes

No comment. :shushing_face::rofl:

1 Like

I’m always impressed by the encyclopaedic knowledge of former topics that the committee members seem to have! Assuming there isn’t some clever bit of code somewhere that suggests similar past topics…

1 Like

That’s why they’re committee members. Or Sheldons as us TBBT fans like to call them.

4 Likes

I’ll take that as a compliment, thanks :blush:

5 Likes

If only

2 Likes

At least you have lots of replies here :slight_smile:

Welcome to GADC :slight_smile:

4 Likes

On fact that it had one response before it was merged. When a post is put up you must assume it will get a response, otherwise why bother.

When ever someone posts there are notifications to say there either new posts in topics you’ve been reading or completely new posts. So people know that something has been posted. It is then upto them if they reply or even read it. So regarding whether its merged or not people will be aware of your post.
The admin do an amazing job of keeping this forum neat and tidy and well structured.

The OP contacted us to request their account be closed.

5 Likes

Ah well never mind.

But seriously (and I know I’m taking this further off topic) using the search function first tends to save me the bother of creating a post quite often and once there is a list of threads to choose from I can usually jump on if there is no content close enough to my query. If it’s way off I’ll search a couple more then I go back to square 1 and created a thread.
It’s lazy to just create something new thats already been discussed instead of at least having a look. Besides that, many contributors to previous related threads don’t bother to post again in different ones so if you really want the best answer, some older threads just might be better.
What is perceived to be harder work in the first place is often more time efficient in my experience.

3 Likes

Don’t let the door hit ya ass on the way out :wave:t2:

3 Likes

I just don’t understand why some people are so damn sensitive? “I had my question merged to another thread so the world must be against me” :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

I’ve been merged and I’ve been in therapy ever since!

3 Likes

I want to be merged it sounds fun!!

2 Likes

5 Likes

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

2 Likes

It can cause pregnancy… be careful!!!

1 Like