Wilder's Folly, Nunhide Berkshire

12 Likes

That’s near me in reading, although wiki says nunhide Berkshire, never heard of nunhide :+1:t2:
Edit : flown this myself but chucked the edits as they were not good :grin:

2 Likes

I was showing a friend the joys of droning (in deteriorating weather) yesterday. Although it is marked on the map as a dovecot we decided it couldn’t possibly be because dovecotes have lots of holes and perches for the doves, don’t they? Mind you other posts here show doves perched happily on the top of the tower …

I was reviewing some footage this morning and lo, on the east side of the tower there is a hole and the drone caught a glimpse of the dove therein preening its feathers.

2 Likes

Oh yeah I can see it :eyes:
Hope you didn’t mind me adding the wiki link below just though it might be good for anyone who’s interested, did you go with the TOAL & parking markers on drone scene or did you find a better one ?
It’s a walk in the park to fly that place literally, I need to go back & start again :smiley: it’s literally 5 mins from my house & for 52 years I did not know it was there !

We parked at IKEA and walked up the lane from there, about 10-15 mins. When I get home I’ll check the location instructions.

1 Like

Markers added, but the original posted position is incorrect, the folly itself is further north.