Willington Power Station 01/01/2022

Had a quality GADC meet up today at Willington Power Station.

Here are a few shots from my Mavic Air2. It was extremely windy but this beast handled it like an absolute machine!

31 Likes

Jesus they are nice shots Dean!

@DeanoG60 …can you send some of that blue sky up South Shields please ! looks like you had a good day despite the wind …there’s 2 hours left before the end of a new years laser show near me and I’m itching to go but I can’t risk flying in the dark in this wind Grrrrr

Cheers Karl @notveryprettyboy :grin:

@Sandbagger what drone are planing to use? The Air2 is absolutely solid in the wind 30+ mph gusts today and most of these images are taken at 120m (400ft) as long as you know the airspace is clear of obstructions you’ll be fine :+1:t2:

@DeanoG60 It’s an Air2 , wind gust here presently 38mph and I’ve only flown a couple of times in the dark …Walk away fly some other day !

oooh! I work there sometimes and have thought about the nearby coast. Do you have coastal spots to fly? Maybe a meet when I’m up there?

I was getting strong wind warnings and it was being blown off course (only when moving around, it hovered solid)

But was more than manageable. GPS hold was working over time lol but the gimbal never batted an eyelid was perfectly level despite the drone being at a rather large angle holding itself in the wind lol

1 Like

@notveryprettyboy …I have a 4 minute walk to my local beach Marsden Bay, cliffs above are NT but toal from the beach without any problems until the nesting season. I plan to get more flying done this year and visit more of the countryside in the north east …When the weather permits ! roll on summer

1 Like

I’ll be in touch :+1:

@DeanoG60 …At night it could be blown down the river and out of view in minutes …Those images look like a summers day ! … I like the straight down the tower image, were you tempted to enter ?

:laughing:

I did enter with my freestyle drone… it didn’t end well :rofl:

1 Like

@DeanoG60:scream: you recovered it though

1 Like

By hand :laughing:

Well all the bits of it yeah :rofl:

1 Like

@notveryprettyboy …This is probably very tame but I expect it would be the flying playground that would be right up your street

3 Likes

That is screaming for a power loop! :open_mouth:

I’ll make sure I pack my arm bands. Or I’ll roll up my kecks when wading for the upside down drowning wreckage.

This looks like a real nice spot. Subbed. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Very nice Dean, very nice :+1:

I notice on the last one the outer tower shapes are distorted, I’ve got this on mine also, (I’ll post up tomorrow) I need to understand the settings to avoid this :thinking:

I like No.4 It’s almost like a dial from the time machine that H.G. Wells built.