Willington Power Station 01/01/2022

I haven’t Dean but looked at briefly on Utube and seem to have all the adjustment available. In fact the image’s demonstrated on were very good indeed. Didn’t find out if it would process Raw files though but probably not I suspect. I predominately use raw in Adobe Bridge and finish them off in Photoshop. However, I need to get some photos from the Mini 2 to asses the lens but my initial thoughts the lens could look a little soft from what I’ve seen Dean but to be expected at the entry level. I’m certain I will have satisfaction and fun with learning how to control it smoothly, At my age Dean it seems a near vertical learning curve!

Barry.

All the images above are RAW images :+1:t2: snapseed processes RAW images no problems :+1:t2:

The mini 2 is a fantastic little drone and so is its original form the Mavic Mini, they both take fantastic images. Obviously the Mini 2 is the better option in all aspects but the Original mini can still produce some stunning images.

Check out my Coventry Cathedral set here:

They where shot using the Original mavic mini and edited in snapseed too. The original mini doesn’t shoot in RAW though so they are just JPEGs. But still very capable :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Very capable indeed Dean, its no wonder the mini series is so popular. A friend who is a professional photographer/videographer is considering getting one for roof inspections. His main tool is the Phantom Pro be is a bit overkill for roof work.

I will be able to use mine for inspecting my aerials and mast for amateur radio - when I have learned to navigate it through the nest of guywires…

I think you mean VenusDrone trap :rofl: I’d be vary careful flying around guywires they are hard to see and if the drone clips one it will end in disaster :+1:t2:

Also watch for RF interference. Could interfere with the control link and cause a disconnect and auto return to home will kick in and that wouldn’t be good in a nest of guywires lol

1 Like

The guywires are on my mast and I cannot be flying the drone and transmitting at the same time. Being a ham I am fully aware of the potential of RF Radio Interference after dealing with it when neighbours complained of me causing problems with there appliances and TVs etc.

I take your point though about weaving in and out of the wires Dean I said it with tongue in cheek,

Anyway I’m off to bed Dean have a good night/day the morrow.