Winters Light, A seasonal showreel 2024

A short compilation using footage captured between January and the Sping Equinox (21st March 2024)…

Not all flights in the period have been featured as I wanted to try and concentrate on the seasonal aspect and show Winter in all Her glory…

14 Likes

Great collection. Forgive my question but this looks like considerable effort has gone in to put this together. Is this all raw footage straight from the drone or do you typically need to manipulate it in software to adjust colours, brightness, effects, etc.? Does that take a lot of time? Thanks.

Brilliant, sends a shiver down my spine :wink: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks Matt…

The question is welcome… The footage was edited using DaVinci Resolve, free version, and editing was about cutting the raw footage and making the timeline, then a very light colour grading where I boosted the levels slightly and increased the exposure on a few of the lighting bands… All in all the actual editing - once the clips are created - tkes about 25 mins, including the colour grading - then its about 20 mins to render something like this - in 4k 60fps - and all done…

I have put together a thread on here shoing our workflow if you are interested I can share it…

Thanks Mark, appreciated…

1 Like

ah, so Davinci Resolve is in use here too. Read another post referring to this software.
Yes, if there is a reference to your workflow then interested. Thank you Suzanne!

Yup, Resolve allows the footge to be edited to how we want to present it…

The thread is here, rather a long one, and my workflow isnt the only one, I till consider myself a beginner with Resolve - there is much more it can do than I do with it - but it works for me…

1 Like

Beautiful video, nicely done.

1 Like

Thank you kindly :slight_smile:

Looks the dogs bol### Suzanne, nice one :clap:

1 Like

Thanks Mick :slight_smile:

Stunning as always. Well done, great work :clap:

1 Like

Thanks Michael, much appreciated :slight_smile: