Wizzair drone policy

I have been through a previous post but didn’t find answers so that’s why I am asking here.

I will be flying Wizzair soon and would like to obviously take my M2P with me.

Their website only mention batteries but nothing about drones.

I have the right bags to transport batteries and isolating terminals too plus will make sure to drain the batteries down.

My question is: has anyone taken their drone on a Wizzair flight? What was their experience?

Thank you

This guy mentions travelling Wizz with no issues.

Thanks @milkmanchris I’ve actually read that but was looking for personal opinion from members here as I don’t really Know who wrote that piece and could simply be another bit of web misinformation.

Might be worth ringing them and asking, although I did read another article that said no drones were allowed.

At the end of the day, it’s security that check your baggage and they generally don’t ask who you are flying with.

The only odd one I have flown with is Emirates who state the drone must be in checked baggage.

1 Like

Thanks Chris
If that is the save, I’ll plan to do just that. Take the drone and see what happens.
I’ll keep my fingers crossed

Hello, any luck with it? I am plan on flying them soon. wondering whether or not to carry the drone. thinking of carrying in my cabin bag

1 Like

States no drones, maybe give them a ring or drop them a tweet

https://wizzair.com/en-gb/information-and-services/travel-information/electronic-devices-on-board

Edit

I did take the drone last year with me via Poland to Italy and had no problem at all. Just buy bags for the batteries and drain them to about 20%

1 Like

Hi all,
I know it’s there in Wizz Air website that they don’t allow to carry drone in any way. But still asking, anybody travelled before with drone with Wizz Air?

Thanks.

Moved your post to the existing Wizz thread. :+1:

2 Likes

I did go to Poland with my drone on WizzAir about three years ago and didn’t have any problems. At security they saw it, asked me about it but went through without any problems. The only thing they recommend is that the charge on the battery should be low and not fully charged.
Not sure if things have changed nowadays.

1 Like

Really the safest for transporting LiPo batteries is storage voltage so ~60% charge.

1 Like

Thanks, but I can’t be sure what is there at the moment. It’s my return journey from Greece, so if they don’t allow I will be in deep shit.

As has been said before it’s airport security that checks your bags and they have their own international rules on carrying LiPo batteries.

When’s the last time the cabin crew at the door to the plane went through your luggage?

2 Likes

Greece can be tough on drones.

You will need to obviously register with EASA and display your European ID on the drone, but according to http://www.ypa.gr/en/HCAA_UAS_FLT_request_editable.pdf you also need to register each flight in advance. A bit like Portugal.

1 Like

So much for that EU harmonisation all their regs are supposed to produce.

1 Like

Each country has their own rules. Forget flying in parts of France for example.

1 Like

Yes, I had registered via Finland, also passed the Remote pilot exam. But now I repent buying tickets for Wizz Air. They said in a 1 year old post that they hadn’t acquired license to carry Lithium batteries. So they don’t allow. Not sure what is the rule now.

BTW the wizzair website says no drones.

Their twitter feed in 2019 said yes.

I would ask their twitter feed as to currently policy, but I would think that the website is up to date.

Other groups say no issues.

Note that it will be security that might stop you rather than check-in.

1 Like

I wouldn’t bank on your Wizz Air flight actually going, they cancelling wholesale

1 Like