Wollaton Hall - Davinci Resolve edited

Hi all. I managed to get permission to fly at Wollaton Hall. It took some time, but it worked. A fantastic place to be able to video. I did a photogrammetry flight too, but got my photo settings wrong, so the model is horrible!
I’m also getting to grips with Davinci Resolve 18.6 of my editing - if you want a brilliant, free, video editing software, this is the one. However, watching it after rendering it seems a bit more washed out than I had hoped.
I’d love to hear your thoughts.

8 Likes

Nice video … some lovely autumnal colours.
It looks like the sun was gradually setting as the video progresses….
I love when you can see the lights inside the hall as you fly around it.

1 Like

not a bad video! i remeber filming there and they said not to fly over the building etec was a pain but do need to go back, i take it your local?

1 Like

Hi Budgie. Thanks very much. I love that hall light part too!

Hi Airlessman. Yep, I’m local. I think of it as a bit of an honour to get allowed. It’s a shame the model was rubbish.

2 Likes

I flew Wollaton 2wks ago .My TOAL was outside the park on public land. The place is magical with autumn colours and deer rutting . Been going here since I was a kid, so lucky it’s on my doorstep. I think it’s one of the finest Elizabethan halls in the uk.

1 Like

I really enjoyed watching that, how long did it take you to edit using the Davinci Resolve, i recently downloaded it and must admit that its not as easy as you have made it look.

Regards
Simon

1 Like

Devinci resolve 18.6 is a very powerful editing suit with a high learning curve, but keep practicing as it is the best, i have been using it for a year now and still only using 50% of its potential. There is a great tutorial on YouTube by a guy called Casey Faris.
https://youtube.com/@CaseyFaris?si=nkGUAsmsqctKI55E

Hi sdj. It is a wonderful place. Where was your TOAL site and how did you maintain sight from outside? Interested as I have looked for a site. It found t find one that kept me in the legality zones I’d like. Hence I went for permissions.

Hi Simon. Thanks!! I did it between my job and family as well as having recently upgraded my iMac with little issues to find and sort as a result. So it’s hard to say it is guess around 3-4 hours? I also watched various video tutorials whilst doing it to remind me of things I had learnt a month ago!!

It is a hugely powerful package but easily forgotten if you don’t keep using it.

Hi Russ. Totally agree. Casey’s is one of my go to YouTune channels!!

My TOAL was just outside the main gates and I did use a spotter to maintain VLOS. If I wanted I could fly under artical 16 have fpvuk membership…

Checkout Darren Mostyn on YT. He is a professional colourist and has some really, really good tips.

1 Like

@Ubique_Photo Really enjoyed your vid Ben well done. Looked perfectly fine on my phone. Great orbits and interesting lines. The place looks awsome and getting permission to fly extremely unusual as well as refreshing. You must tell us your methods of persuasion! :wink:.:+1:

1 Like

Hi like you I am new to videoing, not stills. I tried to download DaVinci resolve for windows and no matter how much i tried i ended up with free for 1 month and £35 or near per month afterwards. Help please how do i get the free download without paying later.

1 Like

Rodders, it sounds like you were downloading the Studio version. Here’s the URL I used;

Don’t click on “Studio” version.

Hey sdj. I always forget about Article 16 and FPVUK membership! I may have to look a bit more into it.
However, mine’s over the 250g limit and even with A2 and GVC I should maintain a distance from the building, but I get so involved and excited! :man_shrugging:

A good risk balanced approach works.

1 Like

Thanks