Woodpecker

This lovely woodpecker is visiting my bird’s feeder cage quite often, I was able to do this short video from behind my bedroom window with an iphone and excuse my wobbly hand during the short clip

5 Likes

I’ve built this large feeding cage in my garden because I was fedup with squirrels, magpies, crows and other large birds completely emptying the small songbird feeders, so I build a large aviary type of cage with strong mesh that have some 2" x 2" entrance where only small birds can get through and it has been a blessing because now all the other squirrels and pigeons can f/off elsewhere as they can’t get through lol

5 Likes

Love it, puts my feeder to shame, mine’s is a garden table with a cage which does keep out the larger birds…

I’ve only ever had a woodpecker visit on two occasions some years ago, beautiful bird.

1 Like

@Njoro

It’s 6ft tall x 4ft wide x 4ft deep and keeps all kinds of predators away as well the neighbour’s cats :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Got one of them visiting too, in fact it looks like it’s twin, sadly did have some feathers near the feeder the other week…

1 Like