Worried about loosing Mavic pro

When I first got my mavic pro I used a Samsung I-phone 7, I have now upgraded to a I-pad mini 4 due to bad eyesight
With the phone (no Wi-Fi) the red arrow on the map always pointed in the direction the mavic was facing,
however with the I-pad the arrow is all over the place meaning that as I don’t know which way the mavic is facing I can only fly a short distance away so I can see it’s orientation.
is there any way I can solve this or will I have to go back to the phone ???
thank you
Bill

I’m fairly sure that the Ipad Mini has not got inbuilt GPS/Compass, this be could be something to do with it?.
Unless it has Cellular.
nearly all phones have both GPS and a Compass.

1 Like

That’s odd to say the least. I was using an ipad mini 4 basic 16gb model,no gps well don’t think it has,before i got the s/c and the arrow was always correct,hence i just pointed arrow to the h,and wached as the distance came down on screen,no probs…:+1: Not sure weather the controller has gps?

Just fly out away from the home point and then when you want to return just follow the green line that will be made on the map (to the lower right of the screen)

3 Likes

I am sure smart controller does not have gps but could be wrong

The SC has to have GPS to know where the user is. You would have a difficult job doing a follow me (and some other functions that a bottle of wine prevents me remembering) without it knowing that essential piece of info. :wink:

2 Likes

Yes you are right smart controller does have gps should have had a look at manual when I bought it

This :+1:

2 Likes

Double this :point_up_2:

I have often used the green line. Really handy. :+1:

1 Like

It does

Haha good I love giving useful advice!

1 Like

Am I alone in that I never look at that map on DJI Go, ever?

3 Likes

I sometimes use the green line …. but since my drone-phone is never connected to the internet there are no maps. :wink:

I think I’d maybe use it if I had a bigger control device, but on my phone it’s just too small and fiddly so I rely on VLOS and the camera-view.

1 Like

Pretty much the same - although I can see it on my phone when needed.

If I REALLY need, it’s only one tap to enlarge it to full screen and minimise the FPV view.

My IPad mini 4 was always problematic with the pointer in wrong direction it was WiFi only, upgraded to a cellular one and always correct now :+1:

1 Like

Mouse
I used to use my Samsung 7 edge and the red arrow was spot on, i now have a 7.85 Crystal Sky and like you the arrow is way out when trying to return home, not sure if this should be happening or can be corrected but id sooner use my phone.

Here’s an idea/resolution: zoom the map out then find where you are going, as well as this switch to satellite view if not already (DO THIS AT HOME) then in the field you’ll be fine as map would have cached.

I’m fine with it at it is. Have been for almost three years. :slight_smile:
I never connect the drone-phone to the internet, so it will never cache maps.

2 Likes

OK each to their own

1 Like