YouTube and Mavic 3 videos 5.1k - 4k

Getting cheaper too.

Saw a 65 inch Hisense in Costco today (they use LG panels) £750

8k matters really only if your’e sat 2 feet away, and non of the streaming companies will ever adopt it ;o(

https://www.costco.co.uk/TVs-Electronics-Security/Televisions-Projectors/Televisions/Hisense-65A9GTUK-65-Inch-OLED-4K-Ultra-HD-Smart-TV/p/378701

On a 3x2 sensor you’'ll never get native 16:9

8k is best for tv that are over 65” but it will improve as it will upscale will never be 8k but will be very sharp, plus and lucky for me as the mavic 3 does 5.1k , which means I can view it at 5k on my tv

Yup if you sit 2 feet away

Don’t believe everything they say 8k at the moment is for massive screens so they made more dots lol because on a massive screen the quality would drop in 4k ie the dots would look bigger in a massive screen so for 8k they make the dots smaller hence 8k

If you’ve got an 8K TV you’d be better off buying an Autel drone, the Evo II Pro will do 6K natively and they do a native 8K camera that you can swap over too.

1 Like

Ping my 8k is over a yr old Dji didn’t have 5.1k. Never mind 6k

I’m guessing YouTube support 8K? I don’t actually know what their max is :thinking:

Yes YouTube does 8k. But you will love this the YouTube tv app on a 8k tv isn’t supported lol only view it in 4k, here is 8k youtube video on a YouTube app on a 8k tv

if i use the youtube app for the pc this is 8k

youtube is being very slow tonight to upgrade new uploaded videos i know its a 5k video but it hasnt even hit 1080p yet lol

Just imagine this, you’re sat out in your garden (or in a park) and you’re 2 feet away from the grass you can (probably) see every blade of grass, now move 6 feet away can you see every blade?

Thats how the pixels and the viewing distances work.

I have a lovely 5k retina Mac screen that is great close up, but move to the other side of the room and 720 looks no different on it.

Again take my Pioneer 1080 plasma (cant let it go, even though its a radiator in the room and now costs a fortune to run, 720p on that from my viewing distance 10-12 feet is as good as anything on the market today 8k or not (it does help to get them professionally calibrated).

But at the end of the day, its still shite thats pumped out by the TV companies ;o(

just imagine you view a 4k screen on 100" tv or even bigger you start to see the pixels due to the size, hence why they brought out 8k tv not for better quality it was to reduce the size of the pixels .
or as samsung explain it.

What does 8K mean?

An 8K TV is a TV that has a screen with 7,680 horizontal and 4,320 vertical pixels for a total of approximately 33 million pixels. The “K” in 8K stands for Kilo (1000), meaning a TV that has achieved a horizonal resolution of about 8,000 pixels.

8K TV is the highest resolution TV that has been released recently among UHD (ultra high definition) TVs. With four times more pixels than a 4K TV—another type of UHD resolution—8K TVs show a sharper and more detailed picture quality. This is because in 8K TVs pixels are so small they cannot be distinguished even from close up, making highly detailed images a reality.

Is 8K noticeably better than 4K to the human eye?

The ability to distinguish between the varying resolutions will depend on the viewing distance. The human eye can distinguish between 8K and 4K, but the difference will be more obvious on bigger TVs (with 8K particularly suited to larger screen sizes) and when sitting closer, which is more common in a living room setting.

milkmanchris i bought my 8k tv so i could watch my videos in the best qualities

well the video on youtube appears to be stuck on 4k i will give it more time and see how it goes

Just a thought does the tv not play 8k from an SD card or an source other than a streaming service ?

doesnt have a codex for it. comes up as a unrecognized file

Thats a bit poo innit.

I wonder what they use to show the promo video instore

i am talking to samsung at the moment as the youtube app on the 8k tv only plays 4k max , oh its a samsung qled tv