Zoom level when clicking ‘centre on my location’ button

On a mobile, when tapping on the option to centre the map on ‘my’ location, the map zooms right into the location.

IMG_4063

I believe the level of zoom is too high as it doesn’t really show an overview of the surrounding area, but instead shows just the immediate area.

By zooming in less, I suspect that it will be easier to understand if the location is within a restricted area.

What type of device, operating system and browser is this happening on please Peter @BudgieUK ?

Some of this might also be out of our control :confused:

For example, if I click that icon with my iPhone it has access to what they call my “precise” location. This means it naturally zooms in to my precise location and it also has access to my orientation too, so it does the whole map-moving thing as I wave my phone around in the air.

My point being, this is probably more by manufacturer device-and-feature-design, than by anything else :blush:

I am using an iPhone 13, with Safari, and am running the latest public beta
iOS 17.0 (21A5326a)

I suspect I have precise location set too.
The zoom basically only shows my house and the immediate neighbours. I live inside an FRZ, but due to the zoom level, all I see is a red tinge to the view. If I didn’t zoom out, I may not realise I’m inside a restriction.

It’s clearly easy enough to zoom out a bit, so it’s not a big issue but thought I would mention it.

Yes, that’s exactly what it’s supposed to do :blush:

But, you shouldn’t need to, right?

Yes, very much agreed.

We’re nearing the end of the development for the next release, I’ll see if I can override the default / intended behaviour of the operating system - and if so, try to squeeze it in to the next version :blush:

Thanks for the continued feedback and suggestions for improvement, Peter :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for all you do …
I’ll keep suggesting improvements if I see any that might help.

No promises for the next release, but we’ll try:

Please do!

Drone Scene can only ever be as good as the feedback and suggestions we get from our members :blush:

2 Likes

Wouldn’t get this level of customer service from DroneAssist… :wink:

Lesser apps (and organisations) will always try to imitate :blush:

2 Likes

I wonder who. :thinking::thinking:

I’ve been working on this one for you today Peter @BudgieUK

The zoom level thing is quite subjective as it’s largely down to each persons personal preference.

However, I have put some changes in place now that mean when you click the geo-locate button to zoom in to your current location, it now stops at this zoom level:

However, you can then still press the Zoom In (+) button to bring it right up to the precise location of your device if required.

We might tweak this a bit on a future release, but for now it’ll satisfy this feature request for you :blush:

This feature request will be included in the next version of Drone Scene.

2 Likes

Awesome work Sir,
I’m convinced that will be an improvement for most users:)

2 Likes