2018 Winter Treasure Hunt Challenge

South!! Send it SOUTH!! You’re already up north! Find your own snow! :stuck_out_tongue:

Shefield is much nearer you than it is to me.

1 Like

Does this count, I must buy gloves!

If you had flown the drown that would have been a point for flying at -5!

I did Brian … St benets

1 Like

Right, so, finally the moons of time, weather and opportunity aligned, and I’ve my first photo.

My favourite walk in the Chilterns is in Midsomer Murders country, but the village at the centre of my figure of eight is Turville, which features heavily in Moorse, Killing Eve, and, I think, Turville Windmill was used in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

Anyway, this photo isn’t there (!)

It’s nearby Ibstone church. Last year, I’ll post in the media section, it was much more wintry in the snow, but today’s been a lovely day for a walk.

Had a nice chat with somebody desperate to buy a Mavic, and also saw another, I think, Mavic in the air near Fingest, so sorry for not saying hi if you were there, but the friend I was with was in gallop mode! Fingest church is actually a lot more interesting, with a double spire, but it’s more crowded, and I wasn’t in the mood for any confrontations.

1 Like

Leaderboard updated!

Welcome to the Challenge both @scorps and @Renni-Aire :clap:t2:

Thank you both for entering :slight_smile:

Paul, much as we’d like to accept the car dashboard as a credible source, we’d like the source of the -5C° or below to come from AirData or UAVForecast (purely because they’re drone related sources!) However we would accept any other weather provider web site (Wunderground, BBC, MetOffice, etc).

If we were to accept the dashboard as proof we’d open the flood gates to people sharing temperature screen shots from the smart watches, their DIY weather stations, their neighbours cat, etc :blush:

If you can get a verified source of -5C° or below, please do post the photo you took here in this thread and join the Winter Treasure Hunt - there’s still plenty of time left! :smiley:

Dronie of me and a few off here Brianb,longstride ,ozonevibe and mrs scorps

2 Likes

Thanks @scorps - we’ll add this in to the next leaderboard update :smiley:

1 Like

So that’s 4 dronie entries in one? :wink:

3 Likes

Furry Muff Rich mate :+1:
I have just checked it with Airdata and it says -3.7, my fingers would have said otherwise :smiley:

2 Likes

that crowd in the background on the selfie?, surely that’s not the crowd waiting for the Burgers !!

1 Like

The ones by the van - yes - but there’s also a load of bikers there. The place is VERY popular for biker meets and car meets. (There was a few interesting cars today - full race Dodge and others.)

That van is busy all day every day 365/year. During working hours truckers/van/others working in their car … keep the place busy.

The whole car park was jammed packed at 4pm … on a very chilly day!

The food is superb and very sensibly priced. Guaranteed formula!

3 Likes

Must add that to my “Roadside” places to eat when in your area !

2 Likes

There’s another far-lesser and not recommended one in the next layby about half a mile further west. Make sure it’s Micks Monster Burgers! :+1:

3 Likes

:+1:

The snow that was being forecast for down here in the South for the wee hours of Wed morning seems to have been removed …. but there’s still hope later in the week!

2 Likes

@OzoneVibe YAY make it snow down south,could do with a few days off work !:+1::+1:

1 Like

Derbyshire members …. out you get … NOW!

:+1::+1::+1::grin::+1::+1::+1:

4 Likes

You’ll be topping the leaderboard within the hour, then!