2018 Winter Treasure Hunt Challenge

Well, how odd. Not sure I’ve ever cut the lawn in February before! But, growing it is, and despite me attempting to multitask I very nearly missed the sunset.

But, almost in time before the sun did disappear, here’s #7 - Sunset through trees, taken at 50-odd feet. Oh, yeah, I might have got a bit over-enthusiastic trying to bring the colours out!

3 Likes

Nice shot @Renni-Aire :+1:t2:

Leaderboard updated!

This update sees @Renni-Aire hang on to his 7th place, but at the same time he breaks the joint 7th place he had with @leeheyes and nudges Lee from joint 7th down in to solo 8th :scream:

1 Like

This shot was taken on our one day of snow (1st Feb) and is of ‘Tuppenny Barn Education Centre’, who I do some volunteer photography for. I am entering as a Christmas card photo as meeting them yesterday and was told that they are hoping to use this image on a Christmas Card next year!

4 Likes

This is their second choice

3 Likes

Spent most of the day driving … 9+ hours roundtrip of driving to get some snow :slight_smile:
One of my dogs got to experience his first snow too!

Here’s #5 snow covered field

6 Likes

Scene worthy of Christmas card … Mount Shasta, California - Hyperlight setting used so technically at dusk!!

7 Likes

#3 – Dronie …

I may try for a snow angel if I bring some rain gear next trip

6 Likes

#7 Sunset through multiple trees

6 Likes

Leaderboard updated!

@SpininB moves up a couple of notches. :+1:

2 Likes

That’s a stunning shot for lots of cards Bonny :raised_hands:

1 Like

Well done Bonny !

1 Like

Santa is doing a spot of sightseeing in Scotland for his post-Christmas holiday. He was so miffed when he got to the Falkirk Wheel and it was a building site that he sprinkled some elf-dust and made everybody walk backwards.

Santa

6 Likes

Which item on the list are you claiming here @JoeC mate?

Sorry, that’d be:

'tis a video, but too big to upload here so it’s on Flickr. :slight_smile:

Oh…

Sorry, it just looks like a photo :blush:

Righto, entry accepted :smiley:

It’ll be added on the next leaderboard update mate!

2 Likes

Yeah, I realised when you asked that there’s no play button. Not sure I’ve got the hang of embedding things here at all… :rofl:

I think it’s just Flickr.

They can’t even spell their own name correctly :blush:

2 Likes

What amazing weather :slight_smile:

So, I finally managed time in between a motorbike ride, chores (gardening stuff, hence my scruffy appearance!), and walking somebody else’s dog (he tries to chase the Mavic, so is safely out the way) for my No. 3 - a Drone (Quickshot mode)

2 Likes

Leaderboard updated!

No positional changes today, but @JoeC advances hi scoring by a point for his Santa in February :santa:

And @Renni-Aire also advances a point for his Dronie :+1:t2:

I think that the Log Cabin has proved the most contarvrcial but being bloody minded I was determined to get this one! (Thanks to Colin / @scorps for the tip-off about a location :wink: .

This is Tilford Woods Lodge Retreat in Surrey. Log Cabin Breaks Surrey | Holiday Breaks in Farnham | Tilford Woods

Proved more difficult than I thought. I believed I had found a good take off point, but it was all private land. There was a pub car park right next to it. Had I had a Tello I would have been up, down and done in a minute. However… I had to drive about a mile down the road to a public footpath and work my way back through trees to try and find a take off point!

But here is not one but several wood cabins, only gutted that they didn’t have chimneys…

That the Pub on the left (The Duke of Cambridge) - which proved to be a great luck time spot! But you can see how close!

And this was my take off point… (Dronie to follow)

Unfortunately the dark brown paint of the cabins meant that the logs don’t show up very well so one taken from the car park by phone

Seems a lot for one point!

2 Likes