2019 Mixed Theme Challenge

Hah @imleonbrown Dowlais Top is notable to me as the place where my then company car brakes decided to fail. Fortunately I was on a slight uphill bit, so downshifted and was able to coast clear across a roundabout (yes, I was ready to shove into the embankment) and then glide to a stop just after. Walked the 500yds or so to the McD’s and sat and drank coffee whilst waiting for the RAC.

Love your image though.

1 Like

Thank you. I had a lot to choose from but away for a few weeks so needed to get something in soon. Glad to hear a safe end to your experience of Merthyr. :+1:

1 Like

@stubbyd Very nice shot. Sometimes just the simply things around us are the best things. Just checked out the location and close to me in Cardiff. A great windfarm is also on the Rhigos. :+1: Good luck with the competition.

Leon.

1 Like

Just like to say, really enjoying having these competitions on here. Really encourages you to get out. All the post have been amazing. Well done and keep it up.

2 Likes

Taken and submitted? or just taken?

1 Like

Taken and submitted. :+1:

Cheers I thought as much, industrial hunting it is then ;o)

2 Likes

Token entry from me… Taken just now. Straight up from my garden. Didcot in the distance…

9 Likes

@GrahameRob faulty video?

:+1:t2:

now the musics missing :thinking:

Sorry everyone (and @stubbyd in particular) for any confusion around that post I made.

I meant that it was too later to submit an entry for the Water theme as that window had closed. However, everyone should still enter because someone that entered in the Water theme may miss out on one of the other three :slight_smile:

1 Like

Right Ive got it this time. Any chance you could put this link to the original post please @OzoneVibe @PingSpike

1 Like

Updated - thanks Grahame!

1 Like

Thank you @imleonbrown i know that Rhigos one but have one even closer and the shot i took the same evening 180 behind this includes it in the distance. Basically between Pencoed and Gilfach Goch.

No worries @PingSpike i can live with crushing disappointment :rofl:

1 Like

@stubbyd I did see the wind farm near you but when I looked on the map access seemed difficult is there somewhere to park close by ?

It’s not thw easiest to get at but there is this lay-by here or you could try accessing it from Thomastown - parking around here - I’ve not tried from the Thomastown side but it’s a fair hike from the lay-by across rough common.

2 Likes

Taken Saturday 11th May, while walking the Borders Abbey way between Kelso and Jedburgh.

Roxburgh Viaduct, near Kelso, Scottish Borders.

An impressive, but little-visited large masonry viaduct over the River Teviot, built on a curve.

Built 1849-50 by the North British Railway to connect the Edinburgh Waverley line at St Boswells with Kelso, supporting the weaving and textile industry of the borders.

7 Likes

This was taken not far along from that lay-by, the other photos I shared with you are from where you pinned.

2 Likes