2020 Mixed Theme Challenge

Three entries confirmed … so far.
@Drones-CL
@McSteamy2010
@stubbyd

4 Likes

Here’s my entry using the footage I got before the bird strike.
this is the old office block for mills that were on the banks of the river lune in Lancaster. how long it will be here is any ones guess as the whole of this area is ear marked for redevelopment.
It’s quite funny how unstable the footage looks when sped up, as at normal speed it doesn’t look to bad.

12 Likes

Then there were 4. :+1:

Keep that bird-strike footage. Bird-strike may be one of the next themes - or a dedicated challenge in the future. :rofl:

5 Likes

I’ve still to recover that final clip as it got corrupted with the power loss when the battery came out on impact.

2 Likes

Great clip! Thought you were going to fly through that window for second :exploding_head: lol

3 Likes

Managed to get out in a Lull this morning, although breeze was picking up as finished off, shame as I was going to fly through the windows, another time

Shot at Wheal Prosper, Rinsey, Cornwall,

https://www.aditnow.co.uk/Mines/Wheal-Prosper-Tin-Mine_8704/

12 Likes

Love that mate :ok_hand::heart_eyes: great location.

2 Likes

Thanks!

That’s 5 entries! :+1:

1 Like

Great vid! Can’t tell if you’ve sped the footage up or just fly like it’s your last day on earth :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

thanks, sped up to 200% glad it still looks smooth.hard to get into 30secs, will put together a longer one

2 Likes

A burnt out house near Faringdon in Oxfordshire filmed this morning.
Uploaded in 720p

7 Likes

Thanks!!!

That’s 6 entries! :+1:

1 Like

Been blowing a gale for a week. Keeping an eye on UAV Forecast and it looks like I’ll have (maybe) an hour this afternoon when it’s okay to fly. After that the storms are back and the gusts are up around 30mph+ again until the end of next week.

Can’t believe* I’m taking the afternoon off work for a half-chance fo getting an entry in for a GADC challenge!

:rofl:

(*Of course I can)

4 Likes

Now that’s worthy of gold right there! :joy::ok_hand: good luck with the shot. :crossed_fingers:t4:

1 Like

It’s just started raining :sob:

2 Likes

I’m taking Valentine’s Day off and have negotiated with Mrs K to let me go flying first thing in the morning! It may be the last chance before the crap weather at the weekend again.

3 Likes

Can we get a dedication badge for these guys :clap:t4:

2 Likes

One or two of you (!) may have noticed that the weather has been totally pants for most of the first six days of the challenge, and the forecasts for the remaining 8 days looks very similar.

As a result, the Committee has decided to extend the period of the first, Abandoned, theme by a whole week, and also postponed each of the two following themes by a week.

Amended dates are now …

• Week 1, 2 & 3 - Abandoned
    – From 07/02/20 to 28/02/20
    Army bases, blocks of flats, cotton mills, radio and water towers, structures, etc
  • Week 4 & 5 - To be revealed!
    – From 28/02/20 to 13/03/20
  • Week 6 & 7 - To be revelaed!
    – From 13/03/20 to 27/03/20
5 Likes

I like K already and I’ve never even met her

What’s your Afternoon Penance :wink:

1 Like

Processed that all wrong … as “the Committee has decided to abandon the first week”. Was briefly quite annoyed! :smiley:

3 Likes