3D Printer Mods

Also a one stop shop for all your CTC printer parts here in the U.K. I’ve been buying from him over the last three years. His customer service is excellent, add him to your eBay sellers list.

2 Likes

I spy a fellow Amazon Prime customer - they have inadvertently made us lazy as fuck :rofl:

1 Like

Yep. Why look for something when you can have another next day. :rofl:

We probably pay over the odds not shopping around but you just can’t beat how handy it is.

1 Like

Without doubt.

99% of my Christmas presents came from there.

They’re also now my go-to site for any purchase. And they must know that everyone does this in the end too…

Our laziness is what made Jeff Bezos the richest man in the world :roll_eyes:

Anyway, back on topic!

Damn you all and your 3D printing-ness…

I’m still on the fence… I simply don’t have the time for yet another hobby, and the Mrs would freak :rofl:

2 Likes

I’ve got that to look forward to. :slightly_frowning_face:
It won’t take her long to spot it once I’ve cleared table in spare room of her makeup, perfume, straighteners and hair drier.
Maybe this wasn’t one of my best ideas :open_mouth:

5 Likes

Maybe you can deflect some of the flack by taking her window shopping in Thingiverse fashion department before the printer arrives, just make a huge deal of how it’d be great for her to be able to print some.

2019 New Year Eve silly glasses (with dual extruder option) by 3Dimka - Thingiverse:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

So all the mods are done and the printer is test printing, the printer is much quieter too. All the slop in the Y ,X and Z axes is gone.

3 Likes

Finally tested it, I’ve printed of thingiverse, scaled up a bit but not too much 113% just to see how well it’d print out. I broke some of the pilars, I’m happy with the resolution considering curves.

2 Likes

More upgrades, just printing now some hot bed adjustment wheels to replace the alloy wing nuts.

1 Like

Have seen a load of cool things people have printed but this idea of printing your own printer mods is what sold it for me.

1 Like

That’s what I love about it, any thing that you can think of you can print. When I was a child I loved clay modelling, now it’s much cleaner with plastic.

The print is done, I’ll thread tap these for M3 screws.

2 Likes

Tapping

2 Likes

You make this look far too easy @Njoro

:+1:t2:

1 Like

Some of my mods.
Mine came with two of the upgrades over the standard CR-10 so I didn’t have to print these.
The large bed levelling wheels and strain relief for the heater wires off the back of the bed.
One of my first prints was the level reminder, I was always forgetting which way to turn the knobs for up and down.

My Z rod was starting to rattle so I printed this one.

I upgraded to a fang cooler using the standard fans so I could see the nozzle, you could hardly see it before even if you got down level with it.

The above will be replaced with this as soon as my all metal hot end arrives, I’m hoping these radial fans won’t rattle like the small original.

I mounted the filament holder on the top of the machine and made these guides to feed the filament at a better angle.

This is the micro sd to sd card mount you’ve seen before, I still use a micro sd card in an adaptor, it just makes it easier and avoids the risk of it falling inside the box as reported in reviews.

These are the fans, fan duct and base for the control box mod, this should stop it sounding like a hairdryer and help with cooling :rofl:

And the legs for the control box

1 Like

‘that means I’m showing my age’…:blush:

excellent quality prints, I’ll have to try some better quality filament soon.

Thank you, it’s only cheap filament I use.

So moving on to other printer parts, a need for a cooling duct,the concept illustrated will later have a duct to the hot end.

https://youtu.be/mwvrgVhrb8A

:grinning:

1 Like

First part is now complete, now I’ll work out the air duct angles to the nozzle.

1 Like

so burnt the midnight oil, here is the final cooling duct for the right hand side.

2 Likes