79 Years old New Member - Torquay

That’s similar everywhere I think

Hi there, nothing wrong with drones if you fly them sensibly. I brought mine to do more photography than flying, but I do enjoy flying them around. I go most mornings quiet early, a walk around the lakes then 45 minutes flying the drone way from anyone.

Hi there, nothing wrong with drones if you fly them sensibly. I brought mine to do more photography than flying, but I do enjoy flying them around. I go most mornings quiet early, a walk around the lakes then 45 minutes flying the drone way from anyone.

Hi there Ron.

Thanks to all who have welcomed me to the Forum.

1 Like

Have you had the chance to add yourself to the member’s map yet?

1 Like

I will do that on Monday, tomorrow

1 Like

Despite 4 or 5 attempts, my location is not shown on Map.
For anyone interested, I’m in Torquay, Devon

@PingSpike do we know why?

Not without knowing what those 4 or 5 attempts involved :slight_smile:

@Rontorbay there’s a guide here which may help: Members' Location Map - A Guide

Followed the guide, put my location in the provided box, clicked “save”. … didn’t save. Tried town, county, country. Tried postcode. Neither saved. It’s no biggy for me, but just trying to participate. Thanks for your help

1 Like

Did you actually select one of the location options that it offered you before clicking save?
If you complete your typing and save without having selected one of the locations offered, it will not save anything.

No local suggestion offered when I start to type. Nothing relevant in drop down list

What are you trying to add?

Be a wee bit cautious about putting your exact location on the map else you’ll get the disruptive kids like me banging on your door and shouting “Can Ron come out to play?”

3 Likes

As per the GADC instructions - town or region of a larger city is adequate.
It’s not to pinpoint someone, just as a guide.

Haha but it isnt always that accurate! :joy: :joy:

It 's sometimes beneficial - the map shows me in a posh part of the island, not in the old railway carriage and container homes near the toxic waste dump :slight_smile:

1 Like

They see me daily pulling wheelies on my trike :innocent:

Torquay