A Little help DJI Mavic Mini gimbal issue

Hi to all,
The name is Robin, and I’m from Chesham, Bucks; I’ve tried flying the cheapo quadcopters before, but thought it would be a good idea to take it a little more seriously, so I bought myself a dji mini (and a dji mini2, but that’s another story…). I haven’t had much chance to fly it, but I did take the mini to Crete when I went over there for a week in October, and got some nice images - or at least I think so…
Anyway, the issue that I have is that the drone can be flying and recording fine, when suddenly the gimbal has a complete wobbly fit and then won’t re-centre; can someone please tell me why this is happening and how to stop it?
Many thanks in advance…
Robin

Hi robin I have a mavic air 2 and when i first recieved it i did a gimbal calibration have u tried this yet? im new to the dji drones but ever little helps. maybe @group-mini-2 owners could shed some light on the issue

Just confirm, is the issue on the Mini 1 or on the Mini 2?

Hi there,
Yes, I’ve calibrated it multiple times, but thanks for the suggestion - as you say, every contribution helps
Cheers
Robin

@PingSpike - Hi, the issue is on the mini 1
Thanks
Robin

2 Likes

Could you upload one of the flight logs (to airdata.com) when this issue occurs and share with us @robinhuman ?

@robinhuman got any video footage from the minis camera when the issue occurs that you could share?

Give the gimbal a play back n forth, blow it, brush it. Had it before when a speck of something gets in there.

Are you taking off on a landing pad (sounds ironic!) or the dirty stinking ground?

1 Like

@PingSpike I’m not sure how to do that… :confused:

Hi @DeanoG60 - I have footage, but it’s really big (256Mb) so don’t know where to post it
Thanks
Robin

1 Like

Upload it to YouTube or Vimo and just copy and paste the link on a line of its own and the forum will automatically generate the video for you.

@lurch003 Hi, I have done the usual things with the gimbal - checked free movement, airdusted, etc.
I took off from a concrete pier (probably dusty) but it worked fine for over a minute, then suddenly bounced all over the place, and then stabilised pointing down and wouldn’t adjust - at that point I landed it
Cheers
Robin

Help!
Link to the video showing the problem…

1 Like

Oh wow it really did throw a wobbly… it definitely looks like mechanical failure to me. Do you know if your warranty is still in date? If it is then I’d say you’d need to send it back to DJI for repair. If it’s out of warranty then the dronedoctor might be an option for you, I also think there might be a GADC members discount I’m not sure, Rich @PingSpike will confirm if there is a discount or not :+1:t2:

2 Likes

10% discount at Drone Doctor. Details are in the members-only category so I won’t share it here.

3 Likes

There really useful to know!

Thanks

Damn man, landscape looked great too…I feel your pain!

i had to send it off as its a non user error, the gimbal and MOBO need replacing :frowning: ive just had this problem myself! hope this helps!

2 Likes

I’m a bit confused which drone are you referring to, you say you have a Mavic Air 2, but then you: mention Mavic Mini 2 group. Which is it?

I was just mentioning the gimbal calibration that’s all I tagged the mini 2 group so that they would get a notification on this topic