Advice on buying a second hand DJI Mini 2

One was posted earlier today @Weston

Check out the #for-sale-wanted category.

If your thinking of getting mini pro 3, I got one from very with the 20% first credit order discount, paid off as soon as I could to avoid interest. With fly more combo & remote with screen was about £820

2 Likes

Even though most of my drone collection has come via eBay I would dissuade anyone new to the technology from trying to pick up an alleged bargain from there. Every drone I’ve purchased off eBay I have done so with the expectation that it will have faults, despite the sellers claims as to its condition, and I have bid/bought accordingly, expecting to spend time and possibly extra cash in making it airworthy again.

I haven’t bought anything via this forum, BUT, the seller’s character can usually be verified, either by their history on this forum and/or other members. We are a pretty type and self regulating community on here. And in nearly all cases, even though we may never have met we still have a lot of respect for each other.

Again I’ve never bought from them but the reputation of MPB is very good, as shown by those on this site whom have purchased from them. Just check their Trustpilot score, over 21,000 reviews with a 93% five star rating.

As we start the run-up to Xmas, DJI are set to release more product onto the market, including the new O3 FPV Air units this coming Friday, and possibly variations of the Mavic 3 and the Mini3 before year’s end. This often results in price drops for similar and older products in their catalogue. As sure as eggs is eggs, one thing that DJI is not short of is it’s Fanboys and their need to have the latest and greatest, almost transcending their need for oxygen.

1 Like

I can agree with the MPB buying experience.

Ditto :+1:

check the body of the drone very ver ycarefully, look for tiny hairline cracks above and below the arms on the body. check for any scratches on the main lens although these can easy be replaced. check forthe motor not to be extremely loose… check battery door shurs witha little click. like said elsewhere check to make sure you see it fly, when it flies ask to see it take of autimatically and land by auto, ask the owner to fo a small video in all modes i.e 1080 2.7 and 4k. look to see the props are running true with the drone just started up… thee are plenty of good used mini2 out there to be grabbed at bargain prices… you will 100% be wanting the flymore kit and make sure it comeswith the charging pleg and the leads… do not pay until you seethe drone in person and flying. and ask if its owner has unboiund this from his name or you will not be able to transfer it into yours… they are grea tdronesand my first drone is the mini 2. its the best value drone on the market…do not buya mini 1 or se as you will in just a week or so be wanting the mini 2… get one and have a ton of fun with it… the camera is fantastic and make sure you read the online manual at dji and save to your computer or tablet or phone as this is great to keep going back and checking stuff out…

1 Like

Can you get the DJI Care Refresh if you buy a second hand drone? I recently bought a mavic mini 3 pro from a previous owner and thought I would like to get the cover that I have been reading about in some of the posts. I have managed to take it out for a fly about and it seems ok but I think I would like the DJI back up.

1 Like

Found this for you on Google @ANDMUL

If you buy a second hand drone that has a DJI Care Refresh plan linked to it, you get to benefit from the remainder of the term .[ Or, if the drone has never had a DJI Care Refresh plan linked to it, you may apply for a DJI Care Refresh plan through a video review process with DJI. ]:white_check_mark:

I think what the video bit is , you have to show them it’s fit for purpose all working etc etc
Hope this helps , enjoying your flying :+1:t2:

I’d second that. I once worked for a different part of that chain and the number of dropped (off high racking) electronics that got shipped to customers was pretty crazy and it all basically came back a week or two later and then another one possibly just as broken was sent out. Avoid, Avoid, Avoid. :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you @Kirky I will check that out. The drone seems to fly ok but I only flew for around 20 minutes, checked out the reactions with the RC remote and had some fun with the obstacle avoidance, did some take off and landings. I love this drone its sooooo much quieter than my Mavic mini 1, once it was up I couldn’t hear it so had to keep a very close eye on it. Took a couple of photos and a little video and they look good.

Morning guys, many thanks for your help.

I am now the owner of a Mini Pro 3. Lovely bit of kit!! I haven’t been able to use it that much since it’s been bloody windy around the house but in the short time I have been able to use it, it’s very impressive!

One question, I have searched for this on the forum but I couldn’t find any comments. Any thoughts/comments on a good value HARD CASE, the Fly More case isn’t great.

Cheers

M

Your question about a case for a DJI Mini 3 in a topic about buying a Mini 2 probably won’t get seen by many eyes @Weston

Try asking in either of these threads:

Hard cases for the dji mini 3 pro with rc controller

DJI Mini 3 (Pro) - Rumours, leaks, gossip and general discussion, reviews

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Hard cases for the dji mini 3 pro

This topic was automatically opened after 3 days.