Altitude Angel Drone Assist - New Version

Thanks didn’t see it when I searched

1 Like

How did you sign up?

Can confirm the “new version” of Drone Assist is available on iOS - downloaded it this morning :+1:

PS - Still a lot more info available on Drone Scene - ground overlays, council FOI data, measurement tool etc etc etc :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Whilst we’re on this subject, I also just looked before typing this,

I remember setting certain layers ON & turning a few OFF but for the life of me I can’t remember which ones are the less important, meaning if you had them all turned on you’d probably never take off, can anyone please tell me the best setting, thanks in advance ……

Trying to Make a Flight plan for A Recreational flight and I Can’t see the option To change it from commercial in the new drone assist app

We all use Dronescene

Well altitude angel/ drone assist appears to have updated this morning. Seems a bit strange though. Had to go to advanced settings to reset my preferences for what info to show. ( I usually have CTR zones turned off ) zoomed in slightly and ground hazards filled the screen, so had to turn these off, otherwise it would have been almost unusable. Next thing, the screen turned yellow. Zooming out showed this to be a possible aerial survey area right from the East coast to the Midlands ( turned that off as soon as I found out which selection it was). What a kerfuffle :joy::joy:

Ohh just one thing, with these UTM ready zones, how quickly do ATC respond to proposed flight plans ? Anyone have experience of this ? ( fancied flying at Willington by the canal , which comes under Derby Airfield restriction zone)

Sorry too late to edit my post, I did mean within drone scene Not drone assist, sorry for not being more specific …. Thanks

What’s the big change in Drone Assist that everyone seems desperate to have?

It still has that issue then. Because in the Beta version that was also an issue.

I always have FRZ and Notams on, always.
Sometimes I switch on DJI zones for a wee giggle

1 Like

@PeranWuk Once you select the “area” of the flight plan and click done, the next page is commercial or recreational , followed by the time and duration, etc.

I can find the part that changes from commercial to recreational flight ( on Android version anyway)
The problem I have is that every time I start drone assist, it reverts to having CTR zones turned on. At least on the previous version, anything you selected as off, remained off when coming back to the app. Zooming in it shows ground hazards, which I like turned off as the map becomes far too cluttered. Now I have to select advanced, then zoom in on the map until I can turn them off.
I think they’ve made the app worse in respect of it not saving your settings .

That’s the old version

@PeranWuk That’s the version I downloaded this morning.

Can you post a screenshot please

What a shame DA don’t have a dedicated support forum :person_shrugging:

Another reason to use DroneScene which uses the same data set and offers so much more

4 Likes

Hi. Have I got it wrong. I was lead to believe that the new version of drone assist was out. Can’t find a new version or update gesture.