An old flyer from Bath

Hi, I’m new to the group so hello to all :slight_smile: I’ll give you all a run-down of my profile, drones and fancies and start from there.

Firstly, my location is in the area of Twerton on the outskirts of Bath (Bath and North East Somerset) which has plenty of open spaces. Age-wise, I am fast approaching 70 years old and got hooked by the drone/ quadcopter bug back in 2018 when I bought my very first drone, a JJRC H31 (a toy, but it got me hooked)
I say I was ‘hooked’ but it was more of an addiction as I quickly gathered a hangar full which now included some ‘optical flow’ drones. Drones with a GPS was a revelation to me as they are so easy to handle and soon I added a Hubsan H502E to my collection. I really liked the Hubsan range and so more were added to the ‘hangar’ including the H501S and H501C which of course brought me into the world of 1080p camera and brushless motors. The XK X1 (like a mini Phantom) brought me into the world of the gimbal and yet more possibilities.
I’ve accumulated quite a collection over just 3 years and now I decided to stop, thin out, and wait for the next lot of Government legislation before buying my next one. Although the Mavic Mini 2 SE is very tempting the new rules might affect my use of it. The SJRC F11 Pro 4K looks very tempting too at half the price.
Good to be here. Stay safe all :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi and welcome, sounds like you have been well bitten by the bug I have the mini2 and must say it’s brilliant. You take care

1 Like

Many thanks for the welcome. Still finding my way around the site. You take care too :slight_smile:

Hi Andrew - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Hi @FirstDriver and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

1 Like

Hi Andrew, I’m not a million miles from you in Pucklechurch, work in Corston and have flown a few times from the field here.

Welcome and look forward to seeing more videos.

1 Like

Cheers … I used to go past Pucklechurch when going fishing years ago :slight_smile: Corston isn’t that far from me in Twerton (near footy ground) and I used to drive the Bath Spa Uni bus on a Sunday.
The latest video I put up does show one of the fields I use for flying, and I’m sure you’ll recognise it.

Have fun :slight_smile:

1 Like